Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Cancer spread to liver.

Options

Comments

• MeganM
    MeganM Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi 10 years to the month since my first bcs diagnosis I went to a new GP for a minor unrelated issue and after running bloods tests then scans scans the Dr found 2 liaisons on the liver and 7 specs in spine and ribs. Waiting for liver biopsy then back to the oncologist next week.  Very grateful to read that some of you are having such success. I really needed that hope today.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    So sorry to hear this news @MeganM. Welcome to the forum. While no one wants to be here, it can be a great support, source of information and even provide some laughs. As you have read many go well on the drugs that are available these days. Hang in there. Big hug, K xox
  • LorraineB
    LorraineB Member Posts: 85
    Options
    @Patti J  @Sam09 @Pamelamary thank you for posts of HOPE.  I have been living under a dark cloud since my diagnosis. This week is my last week of 'normality' so I try to make the most of it. Next week I have my heart scan and port inserted and I start my active treatment the following week.
    @Sam09 I have been looking into complimentary therapies but far to much conflicting research.  You are spot on. Organic food, lots filtered of water and exercise is what is needed. 
  • LorraineB
    Options
    Wishing you all the best @MeganM x
  • kmakm
    Options
    "Sad, mad or glad"... love that @Wendy55.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    "Sad, mad or glad" .... @wendy55 LOVE IT!  .... Sort of reminds me why people end up living in the Blue Mountains, NSW ...... either 'Rich, Retired or Retarded!'   LOL

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @MeganM sending you a private message
  • sunandsaltwater
    sunandsaltwater Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi @LorraineB I have liver mets too. These were diagnosed in December 2014, after 2 years cancer free. I'm still active and living a fairly normal life, on hormone pills, then palbociclib for 2 years. I've only started on chemo treatments about 3 months ago, beginning with an oral one  and the side effects are relatively minor so far (no hair loss)  I was first diagnosed with 'early breast cancer' in December 2011, so I feel very pleased with my progress. 
    I expect to be around quite awhile longer, because they have so many different treatments nowadays.
    I don't mean to say your experience with treatments will be similar to mine - as they keep telling me, and you, everyone is different. I'm wishing you all the best for many many years to come x
  • MARYCAT
    MARYCAT Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone went and had a blood test today and then on Monday I see my oncologist to see what is going on
  • kmakm
    Options
    Hi @MARYCAT. How are you feeling? Waiting for test results sucks. I hope you can keep distracted over the weekend. K xox
  • Tilly45
    Tilly45 Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi @LorraineB
    I have metastatic bc on the liver. It has been just over a year now since my diagnosis. I am 46 and have children so it has been tea tough.I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. There are definitely  lows and some highs. Just don’t get ahead of yourself, don’t let your imagination get the better of you. I am feeling as well as can be expected. They have stopped mine spreading. My Mets ate very extensive but they are not spreading. There is so much hope. You need  have some good support around you but you can create a new version of yourself and enjoy every day.
    Thinking of you.
  • LorraineB
    Options
    Thank you @Tilly45 I am trying to take each day as it comes and try not think to hard about the future. I have been getting my finances in order but apart from that I am trying to go about my normal business.  I start chemo on 24 Oct and this I know will bring reality to a head and I can no longer live in denial. 

• LorraineB
    Options
    Thinking of you @MARYCAT.