Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Cancer spread to liver.

Options

Waiting on scans to confirm the cancer has spread to my liver. Now wondering the about the question no one can answer. How long have I got?

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that, Lorraine. It's a shit of a disease, it really is. Mxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Goodness, I am sorry to read that!  I can't offer anything except to say
    Best wishes
    Take care
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Options
    So sorry to hear @LorraineB. Thinking of you xox
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Oh I'm so sad and sorry to hear that Lorraine. F*****g awful. No one knows how long of course but I have read here on this forum of people with liver mets responding really well to medication. Deep breaths comrade. Keep marching as long as you can. We're with you. K xox
  • simon66
    simon66 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Lorraine, my wife was diagnosed with liver Mets, this time last year...almost to the day. BC journey started February 2015. It’s been a roller coaster ride, one chemo works for a while, then becomes ineffective. Start on another, good for a few months, then scans show it to be losing effectiveness too. She’s now on Ribociclib, and it seems to be agreeing with her. The next scans will determine how good this new line of therapy actually is. It’s a long road, and I don’t think anyone can put a time line on it. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @LorraineB I’m so sorry to hear that. Sending u the biggest hugs. 
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Hi @LorraineB, so sorry you are facing this. 
    Sending a big hug 
                   XO
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    So sorry to hear this @LorraineB.  I don't have the words to express it.  There may be more info on the closed group but I don't think that there's a particular time frame and I know from other's posts that many are able to live well with it.  I hate this monster of a disease.  Thinking of you.
  • LorraineB
    LorraineB Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Well it is confirmed, mets to liver and lower back. Tbank you all for your kind words. @simon66 I hope the new course of treatment for your wife isworkinf for her.
    @angg66 thank you, your post gives me hope. I know it will take me in the end,  but I would dearly alittle more time to spend making good memories with my boys 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,573
    Options
    So sorry to hear this news @lorraineb ... as Kate and Simon have said ... there is treatment for it that will hopefully stop it, slow it or get rid of it.  It worked for a friend in Zimbabwe.  

Thinking of you as you await your results
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thank you @Sam09, @Patti J @angg66 for your inspiring posts , they made my day a bit brighter!  B)