• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Don't they blend in so well, @Annie C
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @JJ70
    Oh to be able to do cartwheels.
    Good on you.
    I just wish that I could get down on the ground and when I do to be able to get up again!
    I am envious.

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    That's one of the most mortifying things about getting older - getting up! I avoid sitting on the ground these days because of the inevitable unedifying sight of the scramble it takes to get up. It's nothing to do with treatment, just ageing legs! 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Afraser @Annie C I got up from a wooden chair in a café today, after about 45 minutes of sitting. Imagine a hunched, wincing, shuffling old woman. That was me. I'm 52. I shocked even myself by how bad it was... #effingletrozole
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I couldn't straighten up when I got out of the car yesterday...but to be fair, that was happening before Letrozole.  I think it's probably just menopause related (or a symptom of not looking after my joints well enough before I got old!).
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Goodness me, We'll have to start a new thread - can't get up off the ground!*?! I have a special method which I can't describe to get myself back  up. When I start Encore group in a couple of weeks I hope I can get an exercise to build my strength in the legs. And dear @JJ70, thanks for the photo of the beautiful beach and very impressive cartwheel!
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Forgot to say, Dear @Annie C ,  thanks for the frogmouth photo and story. Please post more photos.
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    @JJ70 you go girl!!! Love it xx
  • j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    @JJ70 the last time I attempted a cartwheel (to show a child what one looks like) I didn't factor in the increased weight of my legs, decreased upper body strength and generally reduced flexibility and agility from when I was a child, and nearly ripped out my groin muscle! Note to self - brain must remember age and state of body when attempting future demonstrations! Good on you for still managing the wheel!  :D