Anxiety and depression

Options

Comments

• Bella314
    Bella314 Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Options

well done Ruth!  you are still out there helping others, even while fighting your own battle.  You are strong and inspirational woman! xx

• finita
    finita Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ruth,

I am so happy for you about your kidnyes draining, that is great news indeed ! As for the lymph nodes , fingers crossed till your scan, and I will pray for you . Honestly , you are so brave raising money for bcna ...good for you my darling girl, and keep up the good work.

Yesterday,  had a full Bone Scan and CAT scan of my ribs and scapula . As my husband is having his lumpectomy on Friday, I have decided to postpone getting my results till next Monday, so that we can have a couple of good days without bad news.    I will be back next week with my results!

Take care and God bless

Finita xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi ladies,

I hope that you are all as well as can be expected .

I got my results of the bone scan , and I was so relieved to hear "" All Is Good ...no Metastasis """      It took me 3 days before it sank in, and then all I want to do is ,sleep , sleep and more sleep .  This time around it really hit me, and I was very stressed and anxious. Happily I don't have to worry till next February for my next lot of tests.  In the meantime I am happily gardening and planting my tomatoes and doing some Spring cleaning too . 

I guess that this is how it is going to be from now on, and I do hope that I can deal with it better next time, although I cannot see it as being   possible ...how can it be ???

with all my love

Finita xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Bella314
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi ladies

First of all, Ruth I hope you have good news from the urologist - but 3 months seems a long time to have to wait if there is anything nasty going on.  Is there any chance of you getting in earlier?  It might  put your mind at rest if you could.

Finita, I am so glad that your bone tests were clear, that is such a relief.  As far as worrying and being anxious, I really don't know how you can deal with that, other than say, just keep doing all the things that make you happy, like planting your tomatoes and spring cleaning.  I'm a great believer in the power of positive thinking etc, which is easier said than done, but if you try to do things that make you feel happy, then it becomes a little bit easier.

My news, I'm home today after 3 nights in hospital, having my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed.  As a carrier of the BRCA2 gene fault, I felt it was a no brainer to have the op, but I have to say in the days leading up to it, I was very anxious about the outcome.  Fortunately I had a wonderful surgeon, who is an onco-gynocologist, who reassured me.  He didn't find anything nasty while he was in there, and here I am back at home.  Have a couple of weeks off work, and the drive home was challenging to say the least (hubby driving).  Coughing and sneezing hurts, but it's all good, and I'm so relieved its done.

Take care ladies, we all face our challenges and hurdles, but we have each other to talk to.

Love, Bella xxx 

• finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bella,

Thank you so much for your re-assuring words, and yes..you are right...  Positive thinking and remaining happy by doing things that we like , is wonderful and the way to go !!

I am ever so glad that all went well with you ...and now ... enjoy your 2 weeks off by relaxing , spoinling yourself terribly , and recovering totally.   That was great having your onco-gynocologist telling you that all looked good .

with all my love

Finita xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• shortlionruth
    shortlionruth Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello everyone.  I am glad that your news was good Finita and like you I am a gardener.  My tomatoes are  getting friuit on so now I have them netted to stop the birds attacking them.  I can relax in my garden.

Kathleen, I don't feel so bad now that I have problems with driving.  I am fortunate to have a good Friend who does drive me around a lot but I still have to drive into the nearest town which is 30 minutes away.

Bella, I hope your recovery goes well.  My Daughter is having a full hysterectomy next Monday as she also carries Braca 2 and Lynch Syndrome..  The Breast Cancer Nurse told me that this will give her an 85% of not getting Breast Cancer.

As for me, I have to wait for another scan as I've not long had one.  The physio was worried about my scar but I was reassured that it is the way it is because I've had radium treatment.  I have alump under my breast that she said looks like another seroma.

Anyway, take care and look forward to hearing from you all again soon'

Love Ruth xxxxxx

• finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello to all my bc sisters,

It has been a long time and I just wanted to hear from you and hope that all is as good as can be expected   xx

Yesterday I saw my oncologist and my physical examination was good...now for my mammogram + ultrasound + bonedensity ...fingers crossed !!  It just doesn't get any easier, does it ??   I was doing so well and then the phone  rang , it was the friendly reminder about my next appointment... then the usual ,  anxiety, fear etc...starts all over again.

I have been having some sciatica on my right leg, so the doctor requested a cat scan of my lower back.  Honestly, I just thought that I may have over done it in the garden...not so !   Results:  2 stenosis ...one pressing on the L5 nerve root and another on the other nerve root. One bulge plus diffuse bony ostioporosis,  etc...all and all quite nasty as sadly, nothing can be done, except for physio and should it become unbereable...surgery !!         I must add, that I am happy to know what it is that I do have , so that I can now be careful when doing certain tasks and specially gardening, because I would not want my hips to crack under weeding pressure  hahahah!     No time to get bored and I am still loving life and trying to keep as active as possible . 

Hope to hear from you soon,

miss you all

with all my love

Finita xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Bella314
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Finita, and other sisters, I wondered where everyone went, happy new year to all as well. Hope all your tests come back well, as you say the anxiety starts. Re your back, eve tho not good at least it's not the thing we all fear the most!
    I,Ve been on the medical treadmill the past couple of months. As you all know I am BRCA2 positive, so decided to have my ovaries and Fallopian tubes out. Cancer was found in the left one, and after a lot of tests inc a PET scan, the Drs have decided it is a primary ovarian cancer, not a secondary BC, I have to have a laparoscopy soon to find out what the state of play is in my abdomen, followed by chemo. That is the very short version! Whilst I'm not looking forward to another round of chemo, I feel blessed that it has Ben found early enough for the Drs to do something about it.
    Good to start this conversation again,
    Love to all, Bella xx
  • shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello to all my Sisters out there.  It has been a busy time.  As my Daughter also carries the Braca 2 Gene, She had a total hysterectomy.  I stayed with her to help and care for her and the Children.  Then she tripped and had to be airlifted back to Hospital as she had an infected hemotoma.  I came home to my hot water not working and my Fridge breaking down and having to throw everything out.  It was an expensive time.  I have since had a colonoscopy, a CT Colonoscopy and a CT Stomach.  I now have to have a polyp removed and a Mag Scan.  It is never ending.  I sympathise with you Girls because of the medication we are subjected to pai and osteoporosis.  I love my garden too Finita, and I get frustrated when I can't do as much as previously because of the pain.  Hope everyone is going as well as can be expected and that we will be in contact again soon xxx

• shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello to all my Sisters out there.  It has been a busy time.  As my Daughter also carries the Braca 2 Gene, She had a total hysterectomy.  I stayed with her to help and care for her and the Children.  Then she tripped and had to be airlifted back to Hospital as she had an infected hemotoma.  I came home to my hot water not working and my Fridge breaking down and having to throw everything out.  It was an expensive time.  I have since had a colonoscopy, a CT Colonoscopy and a CT Stomach.  I now have to have a polyp removed and a Mag Scan.  It is never ending.  I sympathise with you Girls because of the medication we are subjected to pai and osteoporosis.  I love my garden too Finita, and I get frustrated when I can't do as much as previously because of the pain.  Hope everyone is going as well as can be expected and that we will be in contact again soon xxx

• finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bella,  you are so right that it is not the worst with my back ,and I am pretty good at living with pains and aches ...I guess that we have to be !!

Your poor darling, but  I am so happy that it is not secondary , and hope that all will go well with the laparoscopy finding.  Yes, you have reasons to feel blessed, and I will pray for you . 

About 17-18 years ago whilst living in Spain, I had an x-ray of my abdomen after feeling certain discomforts.  It showed that I had a huge mass on my left ovary, so , it meant surgery pretty much after that . It was non other than a blood cyst , but by then I had my ovary removed.  I was ever so glad and felt so lbessed that it was not cancer...meanwhile back in Australia my sister was having a mastectomy for bc ... she died in 2003 . So really, I have nothing to complain about and I don't complain  and my pains and aches serve to remind me about how truly lucky I am ...but still, no harm in talking about it , we are only humans and need a little or lots of TLC  xxx

It is good to be talking again , take care and keep us informed ,

take care

hugs and kissess with all my love

finita xxxxxxxx

• finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ruth, , you really have had a hand full in everyway possible. Sorry to hear about your daughter and hope that she is better.  As if all of that was not enough, coming home to such a disaster was truly horrible and costly .  I hope that the polyp removal will go well . You poor soul, I now feel terrible having talked about my CT scan of my lower back, , as it is really nothing compare to what you and Bella have and are still  going  through.  With my gardening, I have learnt not to do so much in a day and as for my painting, I can only manage an hour ...still, better than nothing . I still go for my walks , just not as many or as far .  I am still learning to slow down and not to let it all get me down. You are really incredible , may God  continue to give you strength .

take care and lots of hugs and kissess

with all my love

finita xxxxxxxxxxxx

• shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone,  My Daughter is doing well but tires easily which is understandable.  I am going to the Brisbane Hospital on the 17th to see about my polyp removal.  I could have gone next Week but I am tired from travelling to all my appointments every Week.  The one good thing is that the treatments are available to us.  After a Day of travelling in a car, on a train and then a bus and doing the same again I feel really exhausted.  I hope your back pain is easing, Finita.  Please don't feel bad because that is what we are here for to support each other.  Things are starting to wind down at my end and I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Just a few more hurdles to jump.  I am just so glad that I am still here and that I can share with all my Friends and my Family.

• shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone,  My Daughter is doing well but tires easily which is understandable.  I am going to the Brisbane Hospital on the 17th to see about my polyp removal.  I could have gone next Week but I am tired from travelling to all my appointments every Week.  The one good thing is that the treatments are available to us.  After a Day of travelling in a car, on a train and then a bus and doing the same again I feel really exhausted.  I hope your back pain is easing, Finita.  Please don't feel bad because that is what we are here for to support each other.  Things are starting to wind down at my end and I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Just a few more hurdles to jump.  I am just so glad that I am still here and that I can share with all my Friends and my Family.

• finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bella, my darling girl,  you need not  apologise , let me tell you that you are always very  understanding and sympathetic and I thank you ever so much. The bit about the TLC... I was refering to all of us bc sisters needing it and deserving it too . As for the pain, we are all sufferes but we are also WARRIORS and we don't give up.  ''God Bless Us All  Always !

all my love

Finita xxxxxxxxxxx