Anxiety and depression

Options

Comments

• finita
    finita Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi to all my sisters,

I hope that you are all doing marvellous . As for me , next Tuesday I have an appointment with my surgeon, and I will be telling him about my new pain . It is on my left side between my axilla and scapula. It has been ever so gengtly nagging  discomfort , that I put is down to the saide effect of the Radiation. It hurts now  mainly if I press on it ,or with certain movements. I have checked on google and apparently fracture rib/s are quite common, but I must say that I am not feeling any better for it, at least not until I have x-rays/scans done.

Keep your fingers crossed for me ,

thank you and lots of hugs ladies

Finita xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi to all my sisters,

I hope that you are all doing marvellous . As for me , next Tuesday I have an appointment with my surgeon, and I will be telling him about my new pain . It is on my left side between my axilla and scapula. It has been ever so gengtly nagging  discomfort , that I put is down to the saide effect of the Radiation. It hurts now  mainly if I press on it ,or with certain movements. I have checked on google and apparently fracture rib/s are quite common, but I must say that I am not feeling any better for it, at least not until I have x-rays/scans done.

Keep your fingers crossed for me ,

thank you and lots of hugs ladies

Finita xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Bella314
    Bella314 Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Options

Fingers (and toes) crossed.  Hope all goes well x

• shortlionruth
    shortlionruth Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Finita,

I certainly hope that everything goes well for you.  It is a worry when we experience pain.  I go to see the Urologist next week to see about my Kidneys.  I will be praying for a good outcome for you.  xxx

• shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Kathleen.  I am glad that your pain is bursitis (not that that's good either).  I am having a lot of pain in my back but I am thinking it could either be from my kidneys or ankylosing spondilitis (which I also have).  It is no fun being in pain.  I will be glad to have it checked by the Urologist next week.  Hope everyone is as good as can be expected.  Love to you all xxxxxxRuth

• Bella314
    edited March 2015
    Options

It seems that we all have to live with pain in one form or another, these days.  What I think people dont get is that it is scarey to think about what is causing the pain...is the cancer back, has it spread,  is from the side effects of our medication, or have we just sprained our back or something, which still hurts but is not fatal.    I usually dont say anything to family or friends, but occasionally it gets the better of me, usually in response to an unthinking comment from someone ... like.. you're OK now arent you?  or why are you so stiff getting up from the chair, is your back sore?  and when I've had enough I just say "I live in pain every day, it's just the level that varies, and some days I cope better than others, but at least I'm here to feel it".   That usually stops them in their tracks.  At least we, here, can understand that life is never the same, and that unexplained pain causes a huge worry until we know what's causing it.  

To each and every one of you...big hugs, hope the pain stays manageable, and keep on keeping on.

Bella xx

• Bella314
    edited March 2015
    Options

It seems that we all have to live with pain in one form or another, these days.  What I think people dont get is that it is scarey to think about what is causing the pain...is the cancer back, has it spread,  is from the side effects of our medication, or have we just sprained our back or something, which still hurts but is not fatal.    I usually dont say anything to family or friends, but occasionally it gets the better of me, usually in response to an unthinking comment from someone ... like.. you're OK now arent you?  or why are you so stiff getting up from the chair, is your back sore?  and when I've had enough I just say "I live in pain every day, it's just the level that varies, and some days I cope better than others, but at least I'm here to feel it".   That usually stops them in their tracks.  At least we, here, can understand that life is never the same, and that unexplained pain causes a huge worry until we know what's causing it.  

To each and every one of you...big hugs, hope the pain stays manageable, and keep on keeping on.

Bella xx

• finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi ladies,

you are so right Bella, living with pain means that we are alive !  I will know about my new pain soon as I will be having a Bone Scan on Monday , plus x-rays of my chest , ribs and scapula.

Ruth and Kathleen , thank you and do take care of yourselves and as Bella said...Keep on Keeping on !!! 

I will pray for all of us ,

lots of hugs always,

Finita xxxxxxxxxxxx

• shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know what you mean about not telling people how you feel.  They just don't understand.  But I am greatful for every day.  I am finding my anxiety attacks seem to be getting worse as I drive on the Highway and I am reluctant to go into a bigger Town.  I tried to explain this to a Friend and she just said that I had to keep it up.  I would love to be able to get in the car and go anywhere I wanted but the fear holds me back.  I wish you all well on your journeys.  Look forward to hearing from everybody.  Lots of love, Ruth xxxxx

• finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ruth,

I know exactly what it is that you are going through regarding your driving and the fear and horror . I know that they tell you to keep it up and it will get better with time...sadly that is not the case with me and I can only drive around country with little traffic. It is too horrible, after 30years of dricving non-stop, I feel like a prisoner and my brain still doesn't understand WHY ??  Only those of us with anxiety can understand .  All I can say is that if you don't feel comfortable, then don't drive to ''certain places ''!. I have stopped  driving amongst heavy traffic and freeways , for fear of having an accident .

goodluck and take care

Finita xxxxxxxxxxx

• Bella314
    edited March 2015
    Options

So many things have changed with us, haven't they.  I am very fortunate not to have the anxiety as you have described it, particularly in regard to driving;  but I agree, that people just don't get it.  Just do what you can, when you can, and try to let go what you can.  At least we can vent here!

Take care ladies.

xx

• shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Bella and Finita.  I am glad that I am not going crazy and thinking that maybe it's just me.  I have been driving for about 35 years and in Cities and busy Highways.  Now I get so anxious unless I am driving around our small town.  It is horrible, Finita because People try to make me drive more.  We know our capabilities and I feel I could cause an accident being so nervous.  My car was written off a few years ago when someone didn't give way and side-swiped me as I was driving on the highway a few years ago.  I don't think this has helped either.  I am so glad we can discuss our insecurities on here and be listened to.  Thanks Ladies!!   Lots of Love, Ruth xxxxx

• Bella314
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ruth and Finita,

I think you're both being very wise (and brave) admitting to your fears and limiting your driving to what you are comfortable with.  Power to you!  and don't let people bully you (because that is what it is) into something you're not comfortable with.

xx  Bella 

• KathleenT
    KathleenT Member Posts: 116
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi all

Here's me, putting my hand up saying "me! Me!" Lol! Me & driving? O my gosh! Yep! Quite scared now-have been for some time. Plus I can say that some of it is actually not being able to sit &concentrate on driving for long distances. For example....my son is marrying in December on the beach at Lorne on the Great Ocean Road. Theres no way I'd be able to drive that far from north of Melbourne, so dans parents in law are driv8ng me, bless them. With all my stiffness & silly back, I can only go about 40 ks-to my appointments at the hospital & to the support group's meetings.

So I don't believe any of us should feel bad about not driving as much. The thing to get over is the ability to ask for help. You might be surprised how many will assist you when needed. Don't feel bad about being afraid. As I am a passenger in a car heading close to the city, I think to myself how they can cope in the traffic. Seems to be a common thing among us!

Love and hugs to all
    Kathleen xxxooo
  • shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies!  I went to the Urologist Yesterday.  The good news is that both Kidneys are now draining.  The bad news is that the lymph nodes are growing.  I have to have another scan is a couple of Months as I have Lynch Syndrome which affects the Kidneys ( another cancer gene).  I saw on Television last Night that fear and depression often follow Breast Cancer.  I found that very interesting. I also did "Relay for Life" on the Week-end.  Our team raised the most money again this year.  Overall $105, 00 was raised for Cancer.  It was a great effort for everyone involved.