Anxiety and depression

Options

Comments

• Bella314
    Bella314 Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathleen and Finita,  I am replying to both posts here, hope you don't mind.  My heart breaks when I read about your struggles with depression, I feel your pain, but I am fortunate that I haven't had those really deep, dark struggles.  It makes my worries and anxiety at times, seem pointless.  Kathleen,  I'm so glad you have your little grandson, and your other hobbies, and relaxation techniques;  you're certainly doing all the right things, and the fact you're aware is half the battle.  And Finita, keep sharing and venting;  we're all here for each other;  and it's just lovely to have people to share with, I certainly appreciate it.  I hope the doctor listens properly when you see him/her, and you get some results.

It's interesting about the weird dreams, that must be very disturbing, and yes, could explain the tiredness.   

I'm sorry I have to keep this short;  I have come down with some head cold/fluey thing;  which I need to shake in a hurry;  on holidays in a couple of days (going to USA) and I just dont need to be in this condition when I fly.

Will try to keep in touch while I'm away;  like you Finita, I look forward to reading how everyone is going.

Yes, it is a sisterhood, and I'm grateful to be included.

Love,  Bella xxx

• finita
    finita Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bella,

I hope that your flu like cold will not be too bad, and that you will be just fine for your holidays.  How lucky are you to be going to USA . I do wish you have a wonderful time . 

I have the dentist tomorrow and the doctor on Wednesday so that will keep me busy.  Funny enough I was actually feeling better last night after reading your comments, it is really amazing the power of understanding in being in the same boat.

Last Friday my husband had an ultrasound of his breasts because the left nipple was quite tender and had a lump under it .  He has always had problems with it and used to pinch it in order to get the milky like discharge out and then he would feel much better.  Recently I told him not to do it, and to wait and get it checked by the doctor. so he has been ok for months but always feeling the need to pinch it so as to relive it . Anyway, last Monday night he was in a little pain as he could not even touch his nipple.  I hope that it will only be a cyst but one just never knows. Wednesday he will be getting the U/S results , so I will be keeping  in touch with all my bcna sisters. I have not yet told the family because it is best to wait .

Have a great time in the USA

love

finita xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• shortlionruth
    shortlionruth Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are soon feeling better, Bella and I hope that your Husband's results are okay, Finita.  I go to see the Surgeon Tomorrow and everything seems to be going well.  I have become a social Butterfly since I have been feeling better plus I have been organising a Party for next Week-end.  Depression and anxiety are terrible.  I don't suffer from depression so much but I do have anxiety attacks.  My Daughter suffers badly with depression and I have seen what she goes through.  I think it is part of the "Cancer" journey" and being on Arimidex and the loss of hormones as Kathleen mentioned. It is good that we can disceuss our feelings and know what the other are going through.  Love to you all xxx Ruth

• shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are soon feeling better, Bella and I hope that your Husband's results are okay, Finita.  I go to see the Surgeon Tomorrow and everything seems to be going well.  I have become a social Butterfly since I have been feeling better plus I have been organising a Party for next Week-end.  Depression and anxiety are terrible.  I don't suffer from depression so much but I do have anxiety attacks.  My Daughter suffers badly with depression and I have seen what she goes through.  I think it is part of the "Cancer" journey" and being on Arimidex and the loss of hormones as Kathleen mentioned. It is good that we can disceuss our feelings and know what the other are going through.  Love to you all xxx Ruth

• shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Ladies,

• finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ruth,

thank you so much for asking about my husband. Today we saw the doctor and he recommended a FNA biopsy . I will be making the appointment tomorrow .

I have in the  past suffered fron depression and anxiety  and both are terrible , so much so that for a very long time I could not even drive .    I started taking Lovan  mainly for moodswings and irritability and so far it is working.  I will just have to get used to not moving so fast and stop and think before I make a move .  You are all correct about the Arimidex ... still , we must be grateful , and that I am everyday.

So happy that you have become a Social Butterfly , it sounds wonderful and I am truly happy for you .  But I am sorry about the anxiety attacks because they are horrible and can almost cripple you as well as for you daughter and her depression .  Good luck at the doctors tomorrow !

take good care and sending all my love down your way

Finita xxxxxxxxxxxx

• KathleenT
    KathleenT Member Posts: 116
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Finita

Hope the results of your husbands test are not bad. It must be difficult for you both. I hope that things improve for you. Ruth, thanks for your kind words, & Finita. Today is my first counselling appointment for my depression. Ive woken up this morning thing " what am I going to say to him/her-where will I start? So much negative stuff going round in my head at the moment! Still, this is their job, hopefully offering strategies.
    Great they we can share on here
    Love to you all
    Kathleen xxoo
  • finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathleen,

thank you . I have made the appointment for next wednesday. We are ok, as we tent not to worry too much before hand.

I hope that your counselling went well .  I remember my first councelling session, I talked about everything except what I went for in the first place .

love

Finita xxxxxxxxxxx

• Bella314
    Bella314 Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Take care ladies, I'm not sure how counsellors go about their business, hopefully they can help.
    Love bella xx
  • shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Finita,  Hope your Husband's tests are okay.  I saw the Surgeon Yesterday and he was happy with me and I don't have to go back again.  I got an appointment for a follow up of my hydronepritis at the R.B.H. next Month.  I can understand about you not wanting to drive.  I have not driven since my op and not in a hurry to do so because of my panic attacks.  I hope you go well with the Counselor, Kathleen.  I wish you all the very best.  Love Ruth xxx

• shortlionruth
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Kathleen.  So glad that all went well at the Counselors.  It is good to get it off your chest.  I know where you are coming from with your Sister and I know how it hurts.  I would be lost without my good Friends and you girls to share with.  I went for a drive Today, the first time since my op and it felt great to get around on my own again.  I am having hassles with a very nasty Neighbour who has been stealing plants from my garden and spreading lies.  This only happened because she went through my kitchen cupboards and I told her that I didn't appreciate her doing it.  She stormed out and has tried to make trouble since.  She told someone that I didn't even have an operation.  I don't know why people have to be like that.  I am just greatful to be here and want to lead a peaceful life.  Love, Ruth xxx

• KathleenT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dear Ruth

Thanks for your message. I can't believe the actions of your neighbour! How childish! Yes, it does hurt with my sister's non contact. You're absolutely right - it's great to have all the girls on here to vent to.
    I dont know what to suggest about your neighbour. Maybe you need a mediator. I'd be confonting her about the lying. That's unforgivable!

Hugs
    Kathleen xxoo
  • finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathleen,

The problem with your sister is indeed very painful and believe me , I have also been there ,and sadly I just don't get to see my nieces or even have contact because they do as my sister tells them ...poor darlings!

As for  feeling guilty, please don't because you have nothing to feel guilty about. Actually you should be feeling very proud that you are foccusing on your treatment, anxiety , depresseion and grandchildren as it is the right thing to.   

In the past I used to feel guilty for just about anything regarding the family ...I could never do enough and never did care for myself.  When I started councelling , the first thing that I had to learn was , how to stop feeling guilty and start looking after myself.  It took for ever and finally it was my cancer that has finally stopped  all the guilt feelings.  Now , I do what I can , when I can and if I feel up to it...I no longer force or push myself as I used to always .   I have always been a doer  and a giver and now I don't in anyway feel selfish.  About my mum, the cancer has also helped me with my guilt feelings, and I have learned to accept that we can only do so much , the rest is in Gods hands. 

We are not superwomen , we are mere humans in need to give but also recive . We must love ourselves enough so as not to feel guilty or selfish and we all need  plenty of ...TLC !!

Take care and lots of love down your way

Finita xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• KathleenT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dearest Finita
    You have made me feel so much better with everything youve said. Thanks so much. You're right of course, my cancer care and grandchildren are the best to focus on at the moment.
    Having said that, I missed out talking to my mother on the phone today, because I had fallen asleep in my chair at 1.30 pm!! Disgusting! I have a fair but of self loathing tonight. All I did was get up early in the beautiful weather, caught the vline to southern cross, up collins st on the tram to the nespresso shop to get my coffee pods. I found they'd moved to The Emporium, so I walked there, got them, was back home by lunch time. Fancy falling asleep after that tiny bit of exercise. So frustrating.
    Thanks again for your lovely mssg. All the hugs and kisses right back at you!! Xxoo
    K
  • finita
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ruth,

I am so happy to hear that you went for a drive and it felt FANTASTIC...  good for you , and do keep it up ...free like a bird again !  How wonderful. xxx

I am sorry to hear about the problems with your nosy nasty neighbour...that is truly horrible.  I never could and never will understand why some people are the way they are...so truly horrid .   Honestly you have been through hell and back and now this .   Could we be talking about jealousy again ? because what else  could it be?  It seems like she is not a very nice person , but as you do know her and I don't , you will still have to tread carefully . Goodluck and keep us informed with the outcome .

Continue to enjoy life and love yourself enough so as not to let idiots worry you.

take care and lots of love down your way

Finita xxxxxxxxx