What helps you when you are down or stressed

Options

Comments

• Melg
    Melg Member Posts: 174
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just wanted to share when im feeling stressed I either send my gorgeous bestie Mich a long email or go and let my chooks out and sit in the sun and watch them. I love the way they all huddle together dust bathing or just chilling in the sun.
    Today I'm feeling a bit flustered as two of my 3 beautiful weekend foster children have shown me how challenging they can be but then I stop and think how lucky I am to be spending time with these beautiful innocent children. The challenging behaviour is worth it every time they throw their arms around me and tell me " I love you Mel."
    I feel tired :) but the luckiest person in the world
    Mel xxx
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

This one is for you my beautiful and precious BCNA Beastie.  You love life and everything in it with all your heart and want to save the world.  You get so tired on the way trying to but that is okay cause the love will come back to you tenfold but hopefully you won't be waiting 20 years. 

This helps us remember why we do what we do.

Luv n hugs to all my BCNA pink ladies out there.  Mich xoxoxooxxo

• Melg
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh and stop worrying about me getting tired lol
    Tiredness is just your bodies and minds way of saying you have had a great day :)
  • Melg
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hehehe
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You two are fantastic! I wish I could hug you both.

Love Janey xxx
  • Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

SORRY GIRLS THOUGHT WE NEED THIS ONE.  JUST WALK AROUND HAPPY WITH THAT BEAUTIFUL SMILE ON YOUR FACE AND YOU AND THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL SMILE AS WELL AND BE HAPPY.  TRY IT.

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXXO

• Vikinglady
    Vikinglady Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

I think the best thing I ever did to help me through was Meditation. I am still doing now after three year since being diagnosed so it has flowed over into my everyday life. I found it so great when you had to lay still for ages while having scans and being poked and prodded all the time.

Great to see so much support for everyone here. xxxx Janice

• Vikinglady
    Vikinglady Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Love the quote you posted. You try to be positive and happy all the time but it's very hard because as a silly human our brain always thinks of the what ifs. I find I am happy when doing my crafts, reading a book or doing family research on the computer or just walking in nature is fantastic for you.

Cheers xxx Janice

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

IF YOU WANT TO FEEL RICH, COUNT THE THINGS YOU HAVE THAT MONEY CAN'T BUY.

xoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

IF YOU WANT TO FEEL RICH, COUNT THE THINGS YOU HAVE THAT MONEY CAN'T BUY.

xoxo

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This should help anyone who is stressed, the love that this post has created has become huge, thanks Mitch for an inspirational blog that just shows all of our beautiful ladies warmth and sisterhood. Thanks adean
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This should help anyone who is stressed, the love that this post has created has become huge, thanks Mitch for an inspirational blog that just shows all of our beautiful ladies warmth and sisterhood. Thanks adean
  • Melg
    edited March 2015
    Options
    For those pink ladies interested in meditation I found a great free app called Simply Being. You can choose from a 5 min guided meditation to a 20 minute meditation with music or nature sounds as a background. I find the woman's voice very soothing unlike other guided meditations I have tried.
    I downloaded it from the apple App Store
    Happy meditation

Wanted to share one of those beautiful moments I experienced yesterday.....my youngest foster daughter who is 10 put her arms around me yesterday and said " Mel even though you don't have boobies now you are still SO pretty "
    I floated through my afternoon thinking what a beautiful thing to hear. When I first discussed my year of treatment etc a few months after first having them they all said " oh yeah, you don't have boobs."
    If only everyone was that innocent
  • sallyw
    sallyw Member Posts: 52
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Mich for starting this blog. I am having a really bad down day and now that I have read through this blog, I am starting to feel a little bit better. I have been positive most of the way through my treatment but every now and again I get really down. I will try to have happy thoughts for the rest of the day and if I feel down I will re visit this blog and hopefully feel better tomorrow. Thank you to everyone's comments. It all helps when I am feeling so down and alone.
  • Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Sally

It is okay to have down days huny.  We all do and I have certainly had my share.

I am so glad this post has had a positive effect on you.

Another lil idea is when you get down besides having vision boards put nice pics or videos on your phone and computer and have a look at them.  Have funny things that will make you laugh.  Play happy music.  Just try whatever you can to snap yourself out of it if you want to. 

Down days are okay as long as the next day you are feeling a bit better.  It is when those down days continue that you need to worry.

Good luck hun, thinking of you, Mich xoxoxoxox