What helps you when you are down or stressed

Options

Comments

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am in a group called Bayside and Eastern Suburbs group, we meet every couple of months for coffee, lunch and a laugh.

We meet up at different locations ranging from Frankston, Southland, Rowville, Narre Warren, so we may be what you are looking for.

We are certainly there to help and have such a good time when we are together and sometimes we mop up each others tears if needed.

Cheers

Donna

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options

I've just starting a group called 'Melbournites' and our first meeting for lunch is next Monday in the City. I live an hour and a half north of the city but I thought that this group could be for ladies for can't easily get to other groups and can get to the City by public transport. Here's the link to the group and a link to my blog putting the interest out there.

http://www.bcna.org.au/group/70587

http://www.bcna.org.au/user/12607/blog/69531

You are most welcome to come along if you are interested. Just let me know and I'll add to the booking I've made.

Love Janey xxx

• SaraK
    SaraK Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Donna and adeanthat sounds great, I'd love to come.  I'll await the information.  Why didn't I ask this weeks ago??

thank you

Sara

• SaraK
    SaraK Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Donna and adeanthat sounds great, I'd love to come.  I'll await the information.  Why didn't I ask this weeks ago??

thank you

Sara

• Christine Marie
    Christine Marie Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The yoga I'm going to do is Hatha yoga.. Haven't done it for years.. So I'm excited to start doing this again for myself... I really need to learn to just breath & calm my mind down..just found out the classes don't start until 4th February... Take care Christine :) x
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Try just laying and shutting out everything else and take the time for you.  Some deep breaths first and then breathe normally and just concentrate on your breath.  If your mind wanders it doesn't matter just come back to your breathing.  Close your eyes and find the third eye (that is hard).  I do a chant of SAT NAM (sart narm) SAT when you breathe in and NAM when you breathe out.

I have a long way to go in learning the calm my mind down etc. but it is a start and another point towards turning my life around.

Good luck hun and 4th Feb will be here before you know it.  I am waiting to start an Encore program and that is February as well. 

Lots of luv, Mich xoxoxoxoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yayyyyyyy there you go Sara and girls, some great positives have come from this post.  Connection is such a wonderful thing.  I hope you find what group you are looking for but remember we are here for you online any time you need us.  If there is that specific group you mentioned earlier and you are having trouble finding them, just contact BCNA office and they will be able to help.

Good luck hun.  Sometimes we just have to ask the right question at the right time hey???

Lots of luv always, Mich xoxoxoxox

• Tracy62
    Tracy62 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have to say that those massage chairs are wonderful! I also have to brag - I ended up getting one for home! Easiest way to do it is take hubby along to "try it out" and I bet he will be like mine, "let's get it - it's great". He spends as much time in it as I do. And it is good for helping everyone relax - those around you need as much positive stuff as we who are going through cancer ourselves. I've seen it from both sides - myself with cancer and having other family members with cancer. Taking some time out of the day for "ME Activities" is helpful for everyone - no matter what is happening in your life. Find what helps you feel good the most and be selfish and take the time for it each day!

Tracy xxx

• Jetchaser
    Jetchaser Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm new to this 2 ops down and now just had my first chemo session
    I will look forward to the posts thank you for all positive thoughts
    Jeannie
  • sbp
    sbp Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

I too was feeling pretty miserable with the post xmas slump and everything and reading this blog is now on my list of things to do when I'm down. It's a little pick-me-up like a cup of coffee where you get a little buzz from the caffeine if it's a good one. Well not quite a 'buzz' exactly but a caffeine hit.

Also I've just watched a dvd called 'How to lose friends and alienate people' which was really stupid and politically incorrect but funny to me. It appealed to my twisted sense of humour. Thanks for starting this Mich.

Sandra xoxoxo

• sbp
    sbp Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

I too was feeling pretty miserable with the post xmas slump and everything and reading this blog is now on my list of things to do when I'm down. It's a little pick-me-up like a cup of coffee where you get a little buzz from the caffeine if it's a good one. Well not quite a 'buzz' exactly but a caffeine hit.

Also I've just watched a dvd called 'How to lose friends and alienate people' which was really stupid and politically incorrect but funny to me. It appealed to my twisted sense of humour. Thanks for starting this Mich.

Sandra xoxoxo

• skarch33
    skarch33 Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi all,

Just a quick pop in from Perth.

I have found a great meditation group called 'Kyela' sound meditation. The time it's on isn't wonderful -7 to 8 pm Friday night but it's Tibetan bowls and gongs and all about harmonies. I have been 3 times and find that I come away feeling really positive and energised as well as calm and happy!

Anyway if anyone wants to come, you just show up, they supply matress things and water if needed. It's at Yokine Community hall, McDonald st, Yokine.

and.. thanks Michelle for starting this blog -really great!

cheers, Sue

• skarch33
    skarch33 Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi all,

Just a quick pop in from Perth.

I have found a great meditation group called 'Kyela' sound meditation. The time it's on isn't wonderful -7 to 8 pm Friday night but it's Tibetan bowls and gongs and all about harmonies. I have been 3 times and find that I come away feeling really positive and energised as well as calm and happy!

Anyway if anyone wants to come, you just show up, they supply matress things and water if needed. It's at Yokine Community hall, McDonald st, Yokine.

and.. thanks Michelle for starting this blog -really great!

cheers, Sue

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow Sue that sounds fantastic.  I would love to come along.  I am just waiting for my hubby to get a job so I can actually get my life back hahahaha.  I have jotted down the details for myself plus I will pass it on to the other Perth Girls in the Perth Womens Group when I catch up with them all again soon.  I know some ladies don't live far from Yokine area.  Thanks again.  I hope to see you there myself soon.

Great info.  I hope you are doing well.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to be there for you in any way.

Lots of luv always, Mich xoxoxooxxoxoxoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Sandra

Good, funny and silly movies are so uplifting for us.  A good old giggle never hurt anyone.

Laughter is so healing in its own way.  A bit like crying but I know what one I would like to do in the majority.

Lots of luv always, Mich xoxoxoxo