Mini Meltdown

Options

Comments

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm up at 3am reading your post. I sort of look up to you on this site, bit corny, hey? You know what I mean. I'm sorry you had a meltdown, and that you can laugh now about it, but boy, it made me feel more normal:) I'm starting to stress about my xmas shopping, but it's my vulnerable week and shopping centres are a no go zone. Last couple of days I have been treading water with my emotions, on the brink of crying all the time. I enjoyed your poem the other day, it gives me solace. Wishing you a wonderful xmas and a great new year Janey, hugs to you, 

Hazel xx

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm up at 3am reading your post. I sort of look up to you on this site, bit corny, hey? You know what I mean. I'm sorry you had a meltdown, and that you can laugh now about it, but boy, it made me feel more normal:) I'm starting to stress about my xmas shopping, but it's my vulnerable week and shopping centres are a no go zone. Last couple of days I have been treading water with my emotions, on the brink of crying all the time. I enjoyed your poem the other day, it gives me solace. Wishing you a wonderful xmas and a great new year Janey, hugs to you, 

Hazel xx

• LouiseTurner
    LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes Paula, you reminded me, I went through a bikie butch skin head phase....and suddenly people stop helping you with your heavy shopping bags! Sounds funny but definitely an adjustment. Xx
  • LisaC
    LisaC Member Posts: 75
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh Janey, I so feel your trauma!! Here I was rambling about my sons birthday and here you were having a shocker of a day. Thank you for sharing. So many of us identify. I love Paula and her sisters story, very funny. I am yet to do the go natural look. My hair is growing but I have alopecia so I look like one of the three stooges and yes it is grey!! I only just started going bald around my kids - the heat was just too much yesterday. You are very brave Janey and I take my hat off to you (I mean my wig haha). Gotta laugh cos otherwise we cry. Luv and cyber bugs xx Lisa
  • hb
    hb Member Posts: 112
    edited March 2015
    Options

Love meltdown stories, they make us all feel more human. It's weird how you can take the most devastating news without shedding a tear then lose it over a screw-top! I was very stoic and calm and rational whenever I talked to people about cancer and cancer treatments. (Everyone told me how 'strong' and 'positive' I was -- wasn't how I felt at all; I was just good at pretending.)

Anyway one day the bus was pulling away just as I got to the stop, and even though the driver saw me running, he ignored me and kept going. Well guess what? I burst into sobbing, heaving, tears. I was beyond caring if I made other people uncomfortable. I'd like to say I felt better afterwards, but I didn't -- just felt blah. Stupid cancer; stupid chemo; stupid hormones. A bad day is a bad day, right?

Big love to all who are going through treatments over christmas. Hang in there and be kind to yourselves.

Go well,

Heather

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's good for us to cry and get our feelings out. With what we all endure it's no wonder we are emotional from time to time. I have been posting this quote lately and it's so true.

"YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE" Bob Marley.

We are all strong women Jen. Janey xxx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I feel like a butch old lady but without the toughness :) think I'm going to colour my hair sooner rather than later. I want a little of my youth back, even at 54.

Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh that's lovely Hazel. I don't think I've ever been told that I'm looked up to before. Makes me feel quite chuffed :)

Yep. I can relate to the emotional dam. Don't worry about opening the flood gates occasionally Hazel. It's better out than in.

Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lisa. It's chatting with lovely ladies like you that keep me on an even keel. I love this site and I love to 'chat' about normal things like birthdays. So ramble away anytime my dear. Makes me happy :)
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes you're right a bad day is a bad day and cancer sucks. But thank goodness we have good days too. I just read your post on 'Great moment for a one-breasted woman'. Your husband is gorgeous isn't he. Lovely that we have such partners to make us feel 'normal'.

Janey xxx
  • AnnaB
    AnnaB Member Posts: 176
    edited March 2015
    Options

I've just finished a year of treatment.  Apart from learning some deep breathing in Yoga I had never tried any anxiety reduction/managemet stuff.  My cancer centre offered an ACT class (which is psycho babble for acceptance, committment therapy).  Well it really helped.  If you google ACT it will give you an idea of the process.  No doubt there are lots of relaxation/meditation options but I found this the most helpful.  Constant feelings of anxiety were very troubling to me and feel I have learnt some strategies that have really helped me.  Good luck.

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just went grocery shopping without any headcover for the first time (my husband calls it going topless!). As the checkout operator handed me the bag of groceries she said 'here mate have a good day'. I guess it is not a very feminine look! Grow hair, grow! :) Deanne xx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    54 is a mere spring chicken. I am 51. Was 47 first time I was bald and 49 next time. Everyone said my grey hair was lovely, and it was, but made me look 67!!!!
    Hope today is a good day :)
    Paula x
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options

For me mini meltdown watching the group of Xmas carol singers sing and howling into my coffee las Saturday. We are not invincible. Love adean xxx and a hug and tearsx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you Anna. A friend of mine is a Physiologist and she suggested I do some Mindfulness meditation. We weren't having a sessions as such, just a chat with a cuppa and I happened to mention I was having some mood swings possibly from menopause. I have a DVD given to me from the BCN at Peter Mac on Mindfulness and Relaxation but have never viewed it. Perhaps I will google ACT and watch that DVD :)

Janey xxx