Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Xeloda

Options
124»

Comments

• Triton
    Triton Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Beth.

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    edited March 2015
    Options

talking about xeloda,

I have been on xeloda since September last year. I have problems with my feet towards the end of each cycle.I think I should have shares in the Moo Goo company, with the amount of cream I have been through. Some times I have had to have an extra week off the tablets between cycles so my feet can recover.  I think it is worth while as my mets have stayed stable all this year.  My tumour markers blood test does not vary very much but my oncologist is not concerned as long as the scans are ok

Wendy 67

• wendy_h67
    edited March 2015
    Options

talking about xeloda,

I have been on xeloda since September last year. I have problems with my feet towards the end of each cycle.I think I should have shares in the Moo Goo company, with the amount of cream I have been through. Some times I have had to have an extra week off the tablets between cycles so my feet can recover.  I think it is worth while as my mets have stayed stable all this year.  My tumour markers blood test does not vary very much but my oncologist is not concerned as long as the scans are ok

Wendy 67

• beth1118
    beth1118 Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have my pet scan on the 21st with results on the 28th.  I wonder what the drs do when the scans come back with no cancer.  Do they keep you on the xeloda?  Or reduce the dose?   I have not heard of Moo Goo.  I wonder where I can get it.  I have been using udder cream,  and bag balm.  They both work pretty good.  My feet and hands need something.  If I dont put anything on them,  they really hurt.

• beth1118
    beth1118 Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have my pet scan on the 21st with results on the 28th.  I wonder what the drs do when the scans come back with no cancer.  Do they keep you on the xeloda?  Or reduce the dose?   I have not heard of Moo Goo.  I wonder where I can get it.  I have been using udder cream,  and bag balm.  They both work pretty good.  My feet and hands need something.  If I dont put anything on them,  they really hurt.

• Triton
    edited March 2015
    Options

"Moo Goo" is the Australian alternative to the US udder cream.

Here's their web-site: http://www.moogoo.com.au/

Their facebook page says they're currently setting up a site for their US customers in California as follows:

We are lucky to have a few very loyal American online customers of MooGoo. They order from us even though it takes over a week to get there and the shipping costs more. Makes us pretty proud of what we make actually that they go to so much trouble. But to make it easier and faster for them, one of the herd went to the US this week to scout a spot to set up a little outpost. That way it will be less expensive and faster for our US fans to get their orders. It was great! It’s summer! We have found a spot(close to a beach of course) and also a wonderful person to represent us there.

I'm trying to understand how tumour markers, particularly CA 15.3, are used as a treatment indicator but can't get a grip on them despite lots of researching on them.

What would help is if anyone who is in partial or complete remission and who got into the normal range (ie below 30 on CA15.3) could post their numbers for that period or periods.
    For example:
    CA15.3 prior to treatment = 150.
    Started Xeloda for liver mets; 2 on 1 off 3 weekly cycle and blood tested in 3rd week.
    CA15.3: 100,70,50,30,26,22,15,14,12,12,20,50,200, 100, 50....
    Meds changed at 50 to XXXXXX

• Julie Bache
    Julie Bache Member Posts: 111
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi. I have been on xeloda for nearly a year and mets in bones have been pretty much stable since. I also have problems with feet and hands but small price to pay even though it can be quite annoying at times. I get regular supplies of Moo Goo udder cream from my local pharmacy. Should have shares in their company by now too!! My cancer markers have never registered in bloods so oncologist just relies on symptoms and scans as indicators. Hoping xeloda works for many more months.

• wendy_h67
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi , 

I use Moo Goo Skin Milk , Full Milk Cream as I was given a tube with some cotton gloves & cotton socks in a kit when I first started on Xeloda by my oncologist last September. The kit is supplied by the Roche company that makes Xeloda.  I sometimes use different moisturising creams  for a change but find Moo Goo the most soothing. My feet are still red especially during the second week of the cycle, but usually improve during the week off the tablets. Sometimes I have to have a short break from the tablets but so far it has kept my cancer stable.

As for the Tumour Markers, my oncologist said they are not an acurate test for everyone .  Mine go up & down but she relies more on regular scans.  So I dont worry about the numbers.

Best of luck  with your treatment.

Wendy67 

• Triton
    edited July 2016
    Options

It's been quite a while and I was wondering if you are still on Xeloda. I would be grateful for any update on how you are going.