Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Xeloda

Options

Comments

• Julie Bache
    Julie Bache Member Posts: 111
    edited March 2015
    Options

Me too. I would like to get another couple pair of those sockettes. Does anyone know where you can buy them?

• TraceyK
    TraceyK Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    Options

Julie,

Try places like the Body Shop or those shops that sell bath stuff (soaps, lotions etc).  I have a  spare pair I can send to you if you would like to email me your address - LeAngel811@**** :)

• Amy
    Amy Member Posts: 233
    edited March 2015
    Options

My nails split from top up too.  Any ideas what we can do to prevent that from happening?

• beth1118
    beth1118 Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Options

I told my dr about the nails splitting, and he told me to soak them in apple cider vinnegar.   I have not tried that yet.

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have been on Xeloda since september last year.

I have trouble with burning feet, which have been very painful when walking.

Moo goo cream is soothing, also I've tried paw paw cream.

Last cycle was so bad by the 5th day,   I had to stop for a week.  My Oncologist has reduced the tablets to 4 a day and so far my feet have been fine this cycle.

Had a bone scan the other day, fingers crossed, when I see the oncologist this week it will be better news.

• julia.w
    julia.w Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good luck Wendy, I hope your scans are good
  • TraceyK
    TraceyK Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    Options

I've got everything crossed for you Wendy :)  I'm having a bone scan late next week and am positive all will good. Take care.

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    edited March 2015
    Options

thank you for your well wishes.  Good news, I saw the oncologist today & my tumours are showing reduced activity in all areas. 

my oncologist said that it was better than just being stable, which was what we were hoping for.

I will be staying on xeloda, & put up with the side effects as long as its working.  Iam on a reduce dose now and so far no burning feet.

Thank you to all the pink sisters who wished me well.

• Triton
    Triton Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

• beth1118
    edited March 2015
    Options

I take xeloda 1 week on and 1 week off.  I started taking it this time in December 2013.  My hands are red and peeling and my feet are red and hard and cracked and I occasionally I get blisters on my heels.  My tumor marker numbers are still going down.  Last couple times it was 21.3, 20.3 then 19.0.   I feel great other than my feet and hand problems. I have a PET scan in a couple weeks, and hope to hear good news.  My dr says the numbers can change from day to day a little bit.  I had blood work once, and it was over 70 (not on the xeloda), then they re tested me a week later, and it was a little different.  I think it was 72.   I have been told uner 37 is good.  Although, my dr said mine isnt reliable to say if I do or dont have cancer still.   My friend who is cancer free now, for 7 years, just got tested, and her number is 16.8.  I guess that is normal.  Mine have been down to 16 at the lowest, and 105 at the highest, but not recently.  

• beth1118
    edited March 2015
    Options

I take xeloda 1 week on and 1 week off.  I started taking it this time in December 2013.  My hands are red and peeling and my feet are red and hard and cracked and I occasionally I get blisters on my heels.  My tumor marker numbers are still going down.  Last couple times it was 21.3, 20.3 then 19.0.   I feel great other than my feet and hand problems. I have a PET scan in a couple weeks, and hope to hear good news.  My dr says the numbers can change from day to day a little bit.  I had blood work once, and it was over 70 (not on the xeloda), then they re tested me a week later, and it was a little different.  I think it was 72.   I have been told uner 37 is good.  Although, my dr said mine isnt reliable to say if I do or dont have cancer still.   My friend who is cancer free now, for 7 years, just got tested, and her number is 16.8.  I guess that is normal.  Mine have been down to 16 at the lowest, and 105 at the highest, but not recently.  

• beth1118
    edited March 2015
    Options

I dont know if I have ever had the CA 15.3 test done.  I always have the CA27-29 test done.  So I am not sure what my levels on the other tests are.

• Triton
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry - I thought you were quoting CA15.3

CA27-29 also measures the same protein and has similar normal range to CA15.3 (38 v/s 30). As usual, the upper limit of the range varies depending on the lab. One or the other tumor marker is ordered, typically not both. Although CA 27-29 may be more sensitive for breast cancer, its indications and limitations are similar toCA 15-3.

• Triton
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry - I thought you were quoting CA15.3

CA27-29 also measures the same protein and has similar normal range to CA15.3 (38 v/s 30). As usual, the upper limit of the range varies depending on the lab. One or the other tumor marker is ordered, typically not both. Although CA 27-29 may be more sensitive for breast cancer, its indications and limitations are similar toCA 15-3.

• Triton
    edited March 2015
    Options

A friend with 2ndary bc is on Xeloda and has had a really good response with CA15.3 dropping from elevated values to well below 30.

How long do people stay on Xeloda?