Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Xeloda

Options

Comments

• Julie Bache
    Julie Bache Member Posts: 111
    edited March 2015
    Options

Adel, it is great to hear of your positive experience with xeloda. I had two rounds and was taken off because I needed an op for femur fracture and surgeon was worried it might compromise my recovery. It has been 5 weeks off it now and, while my hands have healed, my right foot is still losing the skin layer. I will be starting up again next week and am hoping to avoid the hand/foot syndrome this time round!! It will also be interesting to see what ground has been lost re attacking cancer cells.Oncologist assurred me he could 'make up lost ground' so here's hoping.

Thanks everyone for sharing your xeloda experiences. It's nice to know I'm not doing this alone. Take care all. Julie. xx

• Julie Bache
    edited March 2015
    Options

Onc reduced my dosage from 6 tablets daily to 4. So far have had slight burning of feet but nowhere near as bad as previously. I also started using moogoo continually instead of waiting for symptoms. Maybe this helped?? Apart from ocassional tummy upsets (and chronic tiredness, though this is probably post op as well) all's good. Pain in ribs has gone too. Will be very interested in next scan results!

• beth1118
    beth1118 Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Options

I took xeloda for 9 mts.  I had mets in my pelvis, ribs and liver.   The mets have shrunk in my pelvis and ribs and are completely GONE in my liver.  Dr took me off xeloda telling me it was to toxic to stay on.  I tried tamoxifen with no luck, femara with no luck then to faslodex shots with no luck.  Back on xeloda now after trying those other drugs and being off xeloda for almost a year.   Been on it for 4 rounds so far, 7 weeks.  after 5 weeks the tumor marker tests showed lower.  

• TraceyK
    TraceyK Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    Options

That is excellent news Beth.  I've been on Xeloda for around 7 mths now and my cancer cell count have reduced and shows no activity whatsoever.  Fingers crossed it stays that way.  I haven't suffered too many side effects from this drug and any that I do have are very slight.

• beth1118
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am so happy for you Tracy!  .  Those are my hopes for my results too.  

• Julie Bache
    edited March 2015
    Options

Xeloda still causing me feet and hand problems so dosage reduced to three tablets daily. Also the watery eyes continuing but just been prescribed a cream for that. Vinegar baths recommended for hands and feet. I am happy to put up with these inconveniences if xeloda is destroying the cancer! Always intriguing how these drugs affect us all so differently. Good luck to all those on xeloda.

• beth1118
    edited March 2015
    Options

I put lotion on my hands and feet constantly.  On my feet before bed, and when I get up I put it on them, and put socks on.  Bag Balm works great too.  Its very greasy, so I only put it on my feet.  Diabetic hand lotion works great on the hands too.  That was what I used the first time through this.  My finger nails split down from the tops, and that is not fun.  

• beth1118
    edited March 2015
    Options

I put lotion on my hands and feet constantly.  On my feet before bed, and when I get up I put it on them, and put socks on.  Bag Balm works great too.  Its very greasy, so I only put it on my feet.  Diabetic hand lotion works great on the hands too.  That was what I used the first time through this.  My finger nails split down from the tops, and that is not fun.  

• beth1118
    edited March 2015
    Options

• TraceyK
    edited March 2015
    Options

Julie & Beth

Have you tried MooGoo Skin Milk Udder Cream yet?  I use it all the time and have heard from many others that it really does work/help with hands and feet.  It is recommended by many Oncolologists.  Some chemist may stock it, if not, they have a website and are located in Tweed Heads.

• TraceyK
    edited March 2015
    Options

Julie & Beth

Have you tried MooGoo Skin Milk Udder Cream yet?  I use it all the time and have heard from many others that it really does work/help with hands and feet.  It is recommended by many Oncolologists.  Some chemist may stock it, if not, they have a website and are located in Tweed Heads.

• Julie Bache
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, I am going through lots of moo goo! When at home I put heaps on and wear my ' charming' sock things but I have to remember not to use it if going out because my feet slip around in shoes. It is way too hot to be wearing socks out! Fortunately, my local pharmacy sells it. Apparently vinegar baths close pores and protect cracks from becoming infected.

• julia.w
    julia.w Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was given a little kit by my oncologist when I started Xeloda that had moo goo udder cream with cotton gloves and sockettes
  • julia.w
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was given a little kit by my oncologist when I started Xeloda that had moo goo udder cream with cotton gloves and sockettes
  • julia.w
    edited March 2015
    Options