Options
1235»

Comments

• Roslyn Mitchell
    Roslyn Mitchell Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Lee,

You shall not be alone - registering tomorrow :)

Aussie ideas sounds great too girls, would be awesome

Sorry I dont post much - doing long days at work on computers - avoid them after work - love you all to bits and was getting together pics for my birthday and couldnt help but smile at the pics from the last get together :)

Take care lots of love ros xxoo mwamwmamwa

• Ann @Warrnambool
    Ann @Warrnambool Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2015
    Options

Juggling.....That is what I'm doing in my head in regards to 'how to book accommodation and flights for Sydney?'

here's what I'm thinking.....

I have applied for funding to attend Summit, fingers crossed but no guarantees there.

I would like to attend both Summit and Field of Women.

If I get funding then accommodation for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and flights are sorted. I would like to stay in CBD for Saturday and Sunday night. I have looked at some accommodation options for these 2 nights, with preference to views of harbour and good central proximity. I thought if there are maybe 4or 5 of us (Ros, Leonie and friend Terry,Me and my friend Sue) we could take a family style, privately owned accommoadtion.I know Shirl and kerrie have made other arrangements and if any others would like to be in, I can work on that too.

I have looked at some amazing apartments on the website 'Stayz' and found a great one right on the Harbour at water level with views. It is not expensive if there are a few of us. I know Ros may not want to stay on for Sunday night, so we could adjust your contribution.

I will give you more info if you are interested.

keeping the balls in the air, Ann xxxxxx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ann, I am sorry that I haven't rung you re this.  It is a bit tricky huh?  Terry and I were thinking the same as you too then we thought about the logistics of being out at Olympic Park for the FOW and then spending the night in the city.  It would mean packing up on the Saturday morning, going to the accommodation in the city and then getting back to the venue at Olympic Park for the FOW.  Then of course the return trip back to the city after the FOW.  It is about an hour by public transport from the FOW to the city.  (The Summit is being held in the same vicinity as the FOW)  We gave up for the minute and decided to wait until we heard the VERDICT - early May.  "Defeatest" I know- we jut couldn't fathom it out.  FOM aren't we all?  XLeonie

• Ann @Warrnambool
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, lets just wait a bit. All will be clear soon. XXX

• Ann @Warrnambool
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls, I have been very fortunate to be granted funding for the Sydney Summit. Has anyone else heard yet?

Very excited and looking forward to seeing everyone. I will make accommodation plans for after FOW when I hear back fro you all.

Shirl I am very sorry to tell you that Sam passed away yesterday. Sam  (41) has been through mountains of treatment  for over 3 years. She was a dedicated BCNA supporter, out there promoting the cause even when she was unwell herself. I will miss her this 'Pink Bun' campaign, we spent a day together last year. She was so good with passers by who wanted to ask questions about loved ones who were going through BC. Sam leaves twin boys and her husband. 

Love Ann x

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Ann, yes I heard about Sam's passing yesterday, was on f/b and there were posts there from her friends and family .... I never had the pleasure of meeting her but we had many "talks" privately on f/b.

I've received my funding as have Nic, Lee, Moira, Kery, Tonya, Leonie and the other girls who shared the Pink Hummer with us. By the sounds of thing we may be able to get an extra nights accomodation (Sat) so best we lodge our registration first thing Monday. I'm staying an extra few days and catching up with family - prob go home on Wednesday but have my accom organised for that.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone ... can't wait

Take care ....

Luv Shirl x0x

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Not sure if my friend Terry has been accepted yet.  I really think it could be a blessing in disguise as she is so unwell but keeps on keeping on.  I am putting you in as my buddy - is that still okay.  As for the rest of the time, can I wait until after the registration?  I am really excited about it all. XLeonie

• Ann @Warrnambool
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi leonie

my friend Sue has also been accepted for the Summit. She and I will travel up together and plan to stay on for a few days after the FOW. I would love to share with you and with Sue, perhaps we can get a bigger room? Lets see what the registration asks us. Sorry to hear Terry is not well, she is a strong spirit.

Love Ann

• Roslyn Mitchell
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Please dont forget me in accomodation plans - will be staying the night after FOW !!
    Am very very happy you have got funding- wished I was going too - but relieved that I am not xxx
  • Roslyn Mitchell
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Please dont forget me in accomodation plans - will be staying the night after FOW !!
    Am very very happy you have got funding- wished I was going too - but relieved that I am not xxx