Field of Women 2013

Options

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ann,  How did we not remember to include you.  You can be my buddy bike rider.  We will be at the back end - hope that's okay with you because that's where I will be. XLeonie

• LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'll fight you for the back position!! Ann, it has only been confirmed this week so we've all been partly in the dark until now. I hope you can come! I haven't told hubby the cost yet :-/ I did a big, fast walk and jog this week...I've decided 6 years post diagnosis it's time to pull my finger out. Vietnam will be my motivation. X
  • LeeS
    edited March 2015
    Options
    An I the only one not knowing about the Summit?? Nic mentioned it to me yday and Ann, you've heard of it. I will change my flight and attend if I can get a grant too...
  • ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Luvvy .... I got an e.m about the summit today. Grant application forms will be sent out next week, confirmation of grants not being made till May. It might be a bit of a juggling act for you to change flights but if you have travel insurance it may be easier.

How have you been keeping ..... hopefully you are well on the road to recovery? Take care

Luv Shirl x0x

• LeeS
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Aunty Shirl!
    I just got the message.
    Thank you for filling me in.
    I'll definitely look into it.
    I'm doing really well. More surgery in a couple of months , when i can go off the Warfarin, to finish the reconstruction. I need to make myself a shirt saying "under construction"!
    I actually put on theBCNA Pilates DVD today! I should've started it long ago!!! Felt good to stretch out that scar tissue.
    And YOU?! How are YOU????
    Well I hope. Xxxxxxxxxxx
  • LeeS
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Aunty Shirl!
    I just got the message.
    Thank you for filling me in.
    I'll definitely look into it.
    I'm doing really well. More surgery in a couple of months , when i can go off the Warfarin, to finish the reconstruction. I need to make myself a shirt saying "under construction"!
    I actually put on theBCNA Pilates DVD today! I should've started it long ago!!! Felt good to stretch out that scar tissue.
    And YOU?! How are YOU????
    Well I hope. Xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

I just saw the email - so I am IN.  I will "assume" (for hubby's sake) that I will get subsidised so I will be there with you all.  BCNA say to book the accommodation for the Field of Women but it is a bit hard to do it if they book for the Summit (of course thinking that I get subsidised)   Head spinning and starting to apply for jobs as well!!!!  I am feeling so well - went out to dinner last night (hubby was away working) and when I came home I stayed up until 1am cleaning the house.  Then today I have been on the go all day.  Even cooked a lovely meal for the "Old Fart" who is now in bed.  Looking forward to having visitors over the weekend and also taking our pup to the beach.  Sooooo excited about all that is happening. XLeonie

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Leonie .... grant submissions approved (or otherwise) in May .. still 3 months before F-o-W so I guess still plenty of time to book accomodation if not going to Summit. I googled "motels near SCG (or whatever it's called nowdays)" and it came up with quite a few within 5k of stadium.

Re the bike ride .... can't see me being able to get there ... it's a lot of money to fundraise, there is only so much can be asked of a small population like Wentworth though I do have an idea in the pipeline that may help (apart from winning a substantial amount in lotto)

Have had appointments with the two "men in my life" (my boob and bowel blokes) and both are extremley happy with the way things are going. Am still not entirely up to scratch re energy and strength etc but as long as the inner workings are doing their thing then that's half the battle.

Lee, maybe you should get a shirt saying "my body is a work in progress" ... that would be a great look!!!

Take care everyone and have an enjoyable relaxing Easter weekend.

Love to all .... Shirl x0x

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Leonie .... grant submissions approved (or otherwise) in May .. still 3 months before F-o-W so I guess still plenty of time to book accomodation if not going to Summit. I googled "motels near SCG (or whatever it's called nowdays)" and it came up with quite a few within 5k of stadium.

Re the bike ride .... can't see me being able to get there ... it's a lot of money to fundraise, there is only so much can be asked of a small population like Wentworth though I do have an idea in the pipeline that may help (apart from winning a substantial amount in lotto)

Have had appointments with the two "men in my life" (my boob and bowel blokes) and both are extremley happy with the way things are going. Am still not entirely up to scratch re energy and strength etc but as long as the inner workings are doing their thing then that's half the battle.

Lee, maybe you should get a shirt saying "my body is a work in progress" ... that would be a great look!!!

Take care everyone and have an enjoyable relaxing Easter weekend.

• Ann @Warrnambool
    Ann @Warrnambool Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi All, I think it would be a good idea if we make accommodation booking for the Friday and Saturday night in Sydney. I imagine if we get funding for accommodation it will be for Wednesday night before the Summit and Thursday night afterwards. I guess we need to find out more from BCNA re timing etc.

I'll be there, one way or other, enjoy the Easter break.

Love to you all xxxxxx

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Pending grants .... accomodation will be booked for us. Wonder if it would be worth waiting till we know then extend the bookings that have been made for us. We don't know how far from the stadium we will be or where the Summit will be held .... same as before or somewhere different.

Went on line and found a motel close to the stadium .. tarriff "from $89". Will look into it over the weekend and let you know. I know we can nominate our flying dates but as you say Ann, don't think they would "shout" our extra two nights accom and I wouldn't expect or ask for it.

Had a lovely time at Horsham last weekend ... Terry's daughter got married. We have an anniversary party tomorrow - his Mum and Stepfather's 25th - so another family gathering!!! Think he would rather be out in the boat, but there are still another 2 days of the weekend left though you won't be able to move on the river with all the holiday makers.

• Ann @Warrnambool
    Ann @Warrnambool Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2015
    Options

I only found out about theSummit yesterday. It would have been better for everyone to make plans for FOW if we had known about both at the same time. 

What a shame, we will have to spend more time in Sydney together :_)

Thanks Shirl for looking into accommodation options. All will be good.

xxxxxx

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls,  everyone has their thinking caps on.  It will all work out for us.  I will sit tight for the moment - maybe I will ring BCNA next week and ask very nicely as to where they are holding the Summit and possibly get the accommodation details as well.  Happy Easter XLeonie

• Roslyn Mitchell
    Roslyn Mitchell Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey girls, am now back in civilisation, just read all your messages :)
    Thinking that I am going to encourage another group member to attend the summit - just thought it would be nice for someone else to have this amazing opportunity and there is only so many days off work I can sacrifice :( and with two whole weeks off next year for the bike ride - I think that it is only fair on my family that I dont attend the summit:(
    There is also all the associated fundraising events, training and commitments with Vietnam and my 50th (expecting 100 guests) I know you will all understand -
    HOWEVER I will be attending the MFOW cos it is on the weekend. Yippee YAY!!
    Feeling really blessed, and delighted that we are all going so well and having all these amazing opportunities!
    Ann the dragon boating thing sounds FABULOUS !!
    Remember we cant all do everything always - so just do what we can and have a blast !!!!

• Roslyn Mitchell
    Roslyn Mitchell Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey girls, am now back in civilisation, just read all your messages :)
    Thinking that I am going to encourage another group member to attend the summit - just thought it would be nice for someone else to have this amazing opportunity and there is only so many days off work I can sacrifice :( and with two whole weeks off next year for the bike ride - I think that it is only fair on my family that I dont attend the summit:(
    There is also all the associated fundraising events, training and commitments with Vietnam and my 50th (expecting 100 guests) I know you will all understand -
    HOWEVER I will be attending the MFOW cos it is on the weekend. Yippee YAY!!
    Feeling really blessed, and delighted that we are all going so well and having all these amazing opportunities!
    Ann the dragon boating thing sounds FABULOUS !!
    Remember we cant all do everything always - so just do what we can and have a blast !!!!