Field of Women 2013

Options

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there ladies .... I have booked accomodation for three nights, Fri>Sat>Sun (also catching up with rellies on the Sunday and maybe Monday) I googled "motels near ANZ Stadium Sydney" and came up with a site Booking.com. Got into Ibis Budget - Sydney Olympic Park (formerly Formula 1). It is only .3k from the stadium. Rate reasonable - 3 nights for $307. Ph 02 96483862.

I booked for the Fri night - usually you can't check in to most motels till after 2pm and thought I might run out of time if I didn't get there till Sat pm. Don't know what the schedule will be for the Sat nigfht but I hate the thought of running out of time.

Might be something you can all look into. I like the idea of it being so close to the stadium - also the word 'budget"

I'm off to Darwin on Wednesday - going for 10 days and am really looking forward to it.

Take care everyone ....

Shirl x0x

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I went for my pilates review today and whilst waiting I heard one of the receptionists talking about her tandem bike ride along the Great Ocean Road.  Wow!!  Anyway when I came out to pay I got to speak with her.  She is a real bike rider but loved the tandem with her husband as she could be with him instead of trying to always catch up to him.  (Typical male always trying to outdo the female)  Having done the GOR by car I thought of all the slopes.  She told me that walking the GOR is done and actually a man from Qld was doing the group walk whilst they were riding.  Food for thought.  "When the student is ready the teacher appears"  I reckon I could handle sore feet as opposed to a sore butt. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lets bring it all to the Summit and put in on the table so to speak.  I want to see all of Oz  - not sure if I want to walk all the way though Shirl.  I could just see a sea of pink "cruising" down the GOR or wherever we want to go.  XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lets bring it all to the Summit and put in on the table so to speak.  I want to see all of Oz  - not sure if I want to walk all the way though Shirl.  I could just see a sea of pink "cruising" down the GOR or wherever we want to go.  XLeonie

• LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I hope Nicky gets her registration in or I might be on my own in Vietnam?!I cycled 3okm the other day...not too many hills though. It was fine. Jelly legs that afternoon though!
  • Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

I will say it again - You Little Ripper Lee XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

I will say it again - You Little Ripper Lee XLeonie

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Maybe we could have our own little triathalon .... Lee, Nic, Ros and the biker girls ..... Ann and her paddlers, Leonie - you and I will supervise the walkers .. the mind boggles !!!!

Keep thinking .... Shirl x0x0x

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Maybe we could have our own little triathalon .... Lee, Nic, Ros and the biker girls ..... Ann and her paddlers, Leonie - you and I will supervise the walkers .. the mind boggles !!!!

Keep thinking .... Shirl x0x0x

• Ann @Warrnambool
    Ann @Warrnambool Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2015
    Options

Shirl, you have a very creative brain. I hope you are keepinga book of all your ideas :-) The pink tractor wasa beauty! x Ann x

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

The brain is a funny thing ... most times it is resting but occasionally it jolts into action !!!

Hope to be getting Mixx Pink out of mothballs in July (if she is still pink), not to drive but to be a "centre piece" in a static display and info stand - another "work in progress"

Shirl x0x

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

The brain is a funny thing ... most times it is resting but occasionally it jolts into action !!!

Hope to be getting Mixx Pink out of mothballs in July (if she is still pink), not to drive but to be a "centre piece" in a static display and info stand - another "work in progress"

Shirl x0x

• Kerries
    Kerries Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Girls

WOW all this talk of other activities is filling my mind...it may explode. I have been given the go ahead from my onc to do vietnam if i want to. I just have to wait for blood results this week to see what my markers are doing. If all is well he sees no reason why I shouldn't do it....but no guarentees of course....but who has one anyway. Now I just have to really decide if I do it or not.

Doing something in oz would be a great idea too. I know they do the tour de cure up the east coast of oz, maybe we could do something like that on a smaller scale & make it a yearly event.

I'm going ok now Lee thanks for your wishes. Shirl, I might look into that accom that sounds like a good place for me considering i need to pay for three people to attend.

Take care ladies & looking forward to catching you all soon.

Cheers Kezz.

• Kerries
    Kerries Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Girls

WOW all this talk of other activities is filling my mind...it may explode. I have been given the go ahead from my onc to do vietnam if i want to. I just have to wait for blood results this week to see what my markers are doing. If all is well he sees no reason why I shouldn't do it....but no guarentees of course....but who has one anyway. Now I just have to really decide if I do it or not.

Doing something in oz would be a great idea too. I know they do the tour de cure up the east coast of oz, maybe we could do something like that on a smaller scale & make it a yearly event.

I'm going ok now Lee thanks for your wishes. Shirl, I might look into that accom that sounds like a good place for me considering i need to pay for three people to attend.

Take care ladies & looking forward to catching you all soon.

Cheers Kezz.

• Roslyn Mitchell
    Roslyn Mitchell Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Lee,

You shall not be alone - registering tomorrow :)

Aussie ideas sounds great too girls, would be awesome

Sorry I dont post much - doing long days at work on computers - avoid them after work - love you all to bits and was getting together pics for my birthday and couldnt help but smile at the pics from the last get together :)

Take care lots of love ros xxoo mwamwmamwa