Field of Women 2013

Options

Comments

• Roslyn Mitchell
    Roslyn Mitchell Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey girls, am now back in civilisation, just read all your messages :)
    Thinking that I am going to encourage another group member to attend the summit - just thought it would be nice for someone else to have this amazing opportunity and there is only so many days off work I can sacrifice :( and with two whole weeks off next year for the bike ride - I think that it is only fair on my family that I dont attend the summit:(
    There is also all the associated fundraising events, training and commitments with Vietnam and my 50th (expecting 100 guests) I know you will all understand -
    HOWEVER I will be attending the MFOW cos it is on the weekend. Yippee YAY!!
    Feeling really blessed, and delighted that we are all going so well and having all these amazing opportunities!
    Ann the dragon boating thing sounds FABULOUS !!
    Remember we cant all do everything always - so just do what we can and have a blast !!!!

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm in the process of boking accomodation for the Friday through to Sunday night - hope to spend Sunday with rellies I haven't seen for 7 years. Hopefully I will qualify for assistance for the flights and a couple of nights accom, if not will cross that bridge when I get to it.

If anything untoward happens and I can't get there I'll make my accomodation booking available on here so someone else can use it.

Pretty certain I'll have to pass on the bike ride but won't make a definate decision till later in the year. Fundraising if good here but there is only so much you can raise in a small country town.

Have an even t planned for October (which is a work in progress).... Great Wentworth Hair Dare". A friend is wigging, then shaving her hair and getting sponsorship for me to pass on to BCNA and I'm going to throw out a challenge to sports and community teams to have a "volunteer" from their organisations to join us. We will incorporate it with our "Girls Night In" and have the event at the club. I have decided that if I can get a decent amount of personal sponsorship my PINK hair will go too !!! I was asked why and the way I look at it is that I will loose my hair by choice, not by necessity as so many of you ladies have had to do.

Hopefully all will go according to plan and we'll all meet up in August.

Love to all ... hope you are having a lovely Easter weekend x0x0x

• Kerries
    Kerries Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2015
    Options

OMG I have only just read all these messages!!!! Sorry ladies have been out of action for a couple of weeks with a collapsed lung & school hols. I am looking at attending FOW but I will have my children with me & think it will be a great experience for them to attend as well, so I wont be able to attend the Summit.

As for Vietnam, I am going to have a chat with my onc this week to see what his thoughts are and if he gives me the OK i will definately be in. A girlfriend of mine is keen to join me & we already have some ideas for fundraising.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well. There is just so much on this year. Ros would luv to come to your 50th but cant squeeze it in the budget ~ im sure you will have a fabulous night. Ann, the dragon boating event sounds like a wonderful opportunity too. It will be nice to catch up with everyone again. Hopefully we can all stay in the same area & catch up for a chat.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in August if not sooner

Cheers

Kezz

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Kerrie .... I googled "accomodation near ANZ Stadium Sydney" got a motel .3k from the stadium for the Fri>Sun nights ... found the "Ibis Budget" through a site bookings.com - maybe try there for starters if you haven't already done so.

I think it's great that you are taking the children - what a memorable experience for them. Hope you are well on the road to recovery now ... looking forward to catching up with everyone in August.

Luv .. Shirl x0x

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey girls

hopefully i will be there but like al you others will depend on the finances, but would love to catch up with you all.

Dont know about the bike ride as our community is too small to raise any great amount of money, but where do we get the information about it from, then i can decide.

Hope to see you all at the summit.... Pink sisters xxx

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Moira, I'm a bit the same as you re the bike ride .... apart from the fact that I have to acknowledge that my body couldn't do it ... my community is too small for the required amount of fundraising.

I'll e.m you the link from the company organising it all .. there is also a link here on the bcna site.

Have you applied for the grant to go to the summit ... the Field of Women is in Sydney the following day. Have you got the info on that?

Hope all is going well over your way .... glad you enjoyedyourself with the family.

Luv Shirl x0x

• LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kerrie! Are you ok? Not good news at all!
    Ladies...I want you to come to Vietnam. It IS very expensive and a lot to raise $ for. Ohhhhhhhh. I'm so frustrated. I want us to do it together. If I raise more than I need to I bet it could be counted as your donation?!!!
  • LeeS
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ladies...I want you to come to Vietnam. It IS very expensive and a lot to raise $ for. Ohhhhhhhh. I'm so frustrated. I want us to do it together. If I raise more than I need to I bet it could be counted as your donation?!!!
  • LeeS
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's a lovely thing to say and of course we all would have a blast together.  I have been very torn about it all.  My first thoughts were "Yeh I'm in"  then the reality set in.  I need more info from the organisers (have had one phone call and should get another one this week)  My family are not in agreement about me going,  My wonderful nephew who is a risk taker thinks it is not a good idea for me.  He worked in Indonesia for 4 years and visited all of the Asian countries - very poor area Cambodia and where this is the case people can become desperate.  I know I sound over cautious but I do have my own reservations too.  Why can't we peddle around Oz together?  I will be so in awe of those who do ride .  I have some other priorities in my life at the moment that need attention so it looks like it is a "get together" at the Summit. for me...XLeonie

• LeeS
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I understand completely Leonie. Xxx
    Can't wait to see you at the Summit!
  • Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Will ring you Ann after Monday re accommodation.  We could put some ideas on the "table' at the Summit for some time in the future. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Will ring you Ann after Monday re accommodation.  We could put some ideas on the "table' at the Summit for some time in the future. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there ladies .... I have booked accomodation for three nights, Fri>Sat>Sun (also catching up with rellies on the Sunday and maybe Monday) I googled "motels near ANZ Stadium Sydney" and came up with a site Booking.com. Got into Ibis Budget - Sydney Olympic Park (formerly Formula 1). It is only .3k from the stadium. Rate reasonable - 3 nights for $307. Ph 02 96483862.

I booked for the Fri night - usually you can't check in to most motels till after 2pm and thought I might run out of time if I didn't get there till Sat pm. Don't know what the schedule will be for the Sat nigfht but I hate the thought of running out of time.

Might be something you can all look into. I like the idea of it being so close to the stadium - also the word 'budget"

I'm off to Darwin on Wednesday - going for 10 days and am really looking forward to it.

Take care everyone ....

Shirl x0x