IMPORTANT: BCNA's Online Network is getting a security upgrade 13th September 2023

2»

Comments

• Jinni
    Jinni Member Posts: 11
    Sorry only just received this reset psw today Thursday.  Will have a go next time.
  • Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 1,049
    HI @Jinni, you will be able to reset your password at anytime by clicking the 'Forgot?' button next time you login. Hope this assists you
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 957
    Yesterday my husband helped me with a whole palaver about setting a new password. The email in my email account did not come from Vanilla, but from BCNA. When we tried to click on a link on my browser, it had a warning that the link was unsafe and posed a security risk, which freaked me out. Today, lo and behold, I try to log in again, using the new password which I had been able to use yesterday, and a message popped up say "It looks like you're new here"....blah blah and to join in discussions I have to join the group which I've been a member of for 6+ years. Again the palaver about incorrect password and a rinse and repeat of yesterday's problems. Not happy at all.
  • Mez_BCNA
    Hi @AllyJay,

Thankyou for your message and feedback

Sorry you experienced challenges in resetting your password yesterday. We did receive communication from Vanilla in relation to a technical glitch yesterday where duplicate reset requests went out to users who had already received the initial request. This would be the reason why it asked you to reset it again.

Thankyou again for the feedback which I will pass on. Very glad to see you are back on here successfully.
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 834
    edited September 2023
    Hi @Mez_BCNA I finally got it to work after a lot of mucking around. It couldn't be done on my phone so had to boot up my geriatric laptop, half the reset emails went to spam  the others expired before the computer and emails loaded up.  New laptop is a long way off so hopefully this will not be an issue in the future  I rely heavily on my phone for modern technology.  If anyone else is having problems this could explain it.  
  • Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 45
    edited September 2023
    Hi AllyJay - Good to chat with you in person today and hopefully (fingers crossed) the reset password issues are now history but do reach out if that changes - 1800 500 258.
    I'm in sunny Melbourne today, so hopefully that continues, wherever you are - I hope you too can enjoy your weekend.  :)
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 957
    Thanks Daina for your listening ear and support. If I have any further technical problems...I'll give you a call. I hope you have a great weekend too.
  • Rowey
    Rowey Member Posts: 38
    My issue is that my new password will not save to my profile (after having numerous issues changing it in the first place). It reverts to an old password every time I try to login. This happens on both my phone and my computer. I can get around it but it’s annoying
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,924
    I had been doing Ok but it makes me sign in a few times.  Never mind, they will work it out.
  • Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 45
    Hi @Rowey, just checking in today to see if you are still having issues with your password? My fingers are crossed 
  • Rowey
    Hi @Daina_BCNA. I still have to delete my old password and type in the new one each time I login. Also, I only found this message from you by accident. Normally I get an email notification of any direct messages but this didn’t happen. Don’t know if that’s something to do with the upgrade
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,400
    As @Mez_BCNA has advised, my notification was in my Spam file. I find I am logging on a bit more frequently, but on the new password without any need to renew it. I assume the more frequent logging on may be part of an improved security system. 
  • Rowey
    Notifications are not going to any of my email inboxes including spam
  • Mez_BCNA
    Hi @Rowey have left a voicemail message for you today to work through how your notification preferences currently are set
  • Rowey
    Hi @Mez_BCNA. I have managed to fix my password issues through my phone settings. Thanks for your concern in wanting to get this right. Should be all good now