What did you do to mark the end of active treatment?

2»

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,533
    Wow I like that @NewBoobsPLS! You have an amazing family and friends ☺️. 
    Btw, I’m sure your new girls will do the job just fine 😏😄👌🏻
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,275
    So my retirement started with covid and breast cancer. I always loved to travel and of course covid has changed that for awhile. At the end of treatment I (hubby and me) bought a camper trailer to have new adventures. We both love nature and walking in national parks is something I loved doing during my treatment. Now I can stay in plenty of beautiful places in Australia. Our maiden trip was to the Bunya Mountains and our next is to Canarvan Gorge QLD. This second trip marks 1year since I was diagnosed. 
  • Stormbird63
    Stormbird63 Member Posts: 12
    Brought in a basket of 32 scones complete with jams and cream for the staff. A bit deflated leaving. Not at all prepared for the mental anguish I would encounter after being brave and strong for my family since the start of this diagnosis.
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    I treated myself before my treatment, as I had a long wait in the public system, despite being Stage 3, ER and Her 2 positive, it ended up being a 2 month wait before surgery then another wait for chemo to start, so from diagnosis to chemo it was close to 4 months!  - another story for another time!  No wonder I now advocate for better conditions and less waiting time for public patients, especially cancer patients in the larger inner city areas.  I really hated having to be in a shared ward with male patients when I had my breast surgery!.

Honestly I cringe when I hear people tell me we have a great public system.  Many other countries do not have shared wards, ie women are in a separate ward from men.  I digress, sorry.

I bought myself a lovely guess watch and a pair of gold black onyx earrings. Every time I wear my earrings it reminds me that I survived and am here to tell my story, warts and all.  
    Best wishes to all.

• Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    I wanted to get a diamond ring for myself as a gift for getting through bc treatment. I wanted a big circle diamond as in my mind this represents my boob thats now gone.  I wanted something beautiful I can leave to my daughter down the track.  Very down the track.  It was a bit extravigant but I don't regret it at all.  I'm proud to have put myself first. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,533
    @Locksley VERY down the track!! 
    Good on you, you deserve that ring!! Enjoy it 👌🏻💍♥️. And send a pic through ☺️