Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    Fantastic news! Very happy and relieved for you 😊
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Excellent news, still some things to consider but you can now take your time. I don’t understand haematomas either - I’m on blood thinners and had a mildly alarming bleed nearly three days after a dental procedure. It seems to have been a haematoma but no swelling, discomfort or any other sort of warning. All fixed including use of a surface anticoagulant that looks like a small yellow insulation bat and is, I am informed, made of seaweed. Something more for the weird file. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    awesome news Deanne
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    Awesome news indeed Deanne!  You can rest easy now and discuss your options with less stress now.  
    All the best xxx
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options

Deanne said:

No cancer, or precancerous changes even, found in core biopsies. Just fibrous breast tissue and a haematoma. So, big relief but still some questions for my surgeon. Is she sure they got the right spot? The haematoma puzzles me as I can not remember any recent bumps etc. I wonder was it from the mammogram the previous week?

I have learned over the past 7 years that everybody’s situation is unique. What is right for one person is not right for another. There are a number of things unique to me that are now giving me reason to consider things that previously I had not thought were right for me.

I am so happy that there seems to be no urgency to act right now but am looking forward to discussing my preferred choice with my surgeon sometime soon. 

Thank-you everyone for the support. It is so good to be able to make contact with people who really do understand how hard these waiting times are.  :)<3

Wow that is great news, so happy for you sending hugs xx
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Great news @Deanne.  I bet it is a nice feeling to have that time to think things through and discuss them with your doctor.  The first time around everything is such a rush and medicos are in a panic to get things done that one's feet don't touch the floor.
    Now you can sit and relax with a nice drink (?) to end the week.

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    The best news @Deanne!
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 915
    Options
    That's great news @Deanne.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    That's excellent news @Deanne, I do know how you feel about "did they get the right spot"  after my debarcle.  
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options
    Yes @kezmusc, I’m so glad you eventually got the result you did! Unfortunately the GP who gave me my results was not really able to answer all my questions. The first response was that it was ‘nothing’ and then, ‘no cancer’ and I think she expected me to just be happy with that. But I would like an explanation of what they found in the biopsies that would correlate with what was seen on mammogram and then ultrasound. I’m thinking it was the mystery haematoma but how that came to be there without any noticeable change to the surface of my breast is puzzling. I am not on blood thinners.

A good chat with my breast surgeon will hopefully provide a more reassuring explanation. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Deanne

Good news I guess because as you say it is puzzling!  Hopefully an explanation from the breast surgeon will give you comfort.  It is concerning to know a mystery hematoma without noticeable visible changes.

As your heading on this post says thankfully you know more this time

Best wishes as you follow this through
    Take care
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Yes @Deanne,  BS should be able to provide some more clarity for you hopefully.  xoxoxo

• Ahnn
    Ahnn Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Good news from your biopsy @Deanne. Hopefully the haematoma riddle can be solved as well.
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options
    Thank-you @Ahnn. May never get an answer about the haematoma as I now have a large haematoma from the actual biopsies. The doctor who did the biopsies was concerned this would happen as I bled a lot on the first biopsy. It seems unclear as to whether the haematoma picked up in the pathology was this one forming as further biopsies were done or some pre-existing haematoma. 

Unfortunately I think I will have a long wait for an appointment with my surgeon. Covid 19 has resulted in delays as people like me with non-urgent situations are only now being seen. I hope to at least hear something next week about when my appointment might be. I have been told that it will be at least August. As the haematoma might take a couple of months to heal it will probably just get better in time for my mastectomy! 

Frustrating but I am counting my blessings that my situation is non-urgent. This year is a difficult one for so many in so many ways.