Thankfully I know more this time.

Options

Comments

• Ahnn
    Ahnn Member Posts: 42
    Options
    @Deanne all the best for your results.  I hope your gut feeling is right and erring on the side of caution. Fingers crossed you can breathe easy
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options
    Thank-you @June1952 and @Ahnn <3 . It means so much to read your messages tonight. Tomorrow is a step closer to at least finding out what this is. 

My breast surgeon took time on the weekend to email me after examining the images and also give me an opportunity to ask any questions. I feel in very good hands. She called it an indeterminate lesion and reassuringly said it was tiny. So I’ll hang onto the positives - it’s tiny and not obviously cancer in appearance - and just keep my fingers crossed. 

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Hi @Deanne, just catching up on this. Sorry to hear that you have this hanging over you. I'll have you in my thoughts until I hear your results
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options
    Fight or flight response? Really going back and forth with this this morning. For the first time since being told I would need a biopsy I have had tears. Mostly because a couple of friends have sent me lovely messages. It is their kindness that gets the emotions going. There is a very real feeling of just wanting to run away to somewhere pleasant and pretend that all is good.

But I know that we need to know what this is so informed decisions can be made. Unfortunately my biopsy is not until 3 this afternoon and then of course there will be the waiting for results. There are both advantages and disadvantages to knowing more this time. I know what to expect as far as the procedures and waiting times are concerned but I also know way more about breast cancer. It is hard to stop the mind from getting ahead.

So I have downloaded a really good book and hope to distract myself with that today in between getting super organized for what I have to do for the next few days as I know my mind will not be good at concentrating for too long! Oh, and concentrating on breathing really does help when the emotions threaten to take over.  :|
  • ddon
    ddon Member Posts: 349
    Options
    It’s so awful waiting. Sending a big hug. It’s two weeks since I sat through the waiting for PET/ CT results and it was hideous. This seems never ending and I am feeling for you. Hope your book is so engrossing it gets you through the day xx
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Best of luck for today, sending hugs xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    All the best for the biopsy this arvo, @Deanne - It is just horrible waiting for these procedures - it really mucks with your brain.  That is terrific that your friends are supporting you so well & it can definitely play on your emotions.  xx

Fingers & toes crossed for the best results this arvo - our thoughts are with you xx  Take care 

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Best wishes for today 
    Take care
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Hi @Deanne - good to hear the biopsy was not as bad as expected.  Sleep well - no thinking ahead just yet !
    Look forward to good news on Wednesday or thereabouts.   <3
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Good to hear that that part is done, and went ok.
    So tell me, what constitutes a good book for , in this situation? For me, it would have to be something fairly fast paced, but that you don't have to think too deeply about
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options

Deanne said:

Biopsies done. Did not hurt at all this time. But massive bruise again. Hopefully results will be through by Wednesday afternoon but it usually takes longer than they say. Staff at Radiology were so lovely again today. That helps a lot. Thank-you for all your support.  <3

Morning, So glad that is done, and sending hugs for a positive outcome tomorrow. x
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 915
    Options
    @Deanne I am a bit late reading your post I am sorry.   Thinking of you during this waiting time.  Sending Hugs xx