27 recently Diagnosed

Options
2»

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Hi there. Based on you had lumpectomy and only 2 out of 3 nodes positive I am wondering if your cancer is grade 3 rather than stage 3. (Stage 3 usually a very large tumor and often chemo is done 1st, grade 3 refers to how different the cancer cell looks against a normal one, they can be small tumors...I had one under 2 cm and no nodes so stage 1)
    It can be very confusing at the beginning. I found just one step at a time initially. I got to understand my pathology better later. Reading too much at the beginning overwhelmed me. 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Dear @rella1,

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Samaus
    Samaus Member Posts: 10
    Options

rella1 said:

Hi Everyone 

I am Sydney based and i have just found out yesterday that i have stage 3 breast cancer ( its a hormonal one ) not sure the rest of the details yet ( or i cant remember at this point) - very shocked and overwhelmed. At the moment i am waiting to do a genetics test and then further bone scans and CT scans before i go into surgery within the next 3-4 weeks. Then after that Chemo and Radiation starts and i will also be taking a tablet which i cant remember what it was. 

As you could imagine the first thing i did was google survival rates and almost had a heart attack when i saw its more aggressive in younger woman and the rates are not high for women under 40. 

I am really looking forward to hearing everyones stories or advice and any words of guidance and wisdom would be highly appreciated

Love to you all 

rella :)

xo 

Hi Rella 
    Sounds very similar x it's a lot to take in the feelings and emotions so all over I'm a mum of a 8 year old so kicking ass is the only possible way to go 😂😘😭
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    That is fantastic news @rella1! It's a long road but that's an excellent start. You'll get through. Hit us up with any questions. We're all here for you. K xox
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Good news on the scans. You can do this. Many of us have.  :)
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Great news @rella1 wishing you all the best with your chemotherapy treatment!
  • suburbangirl
    suburbangirl Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Hello @rella1, sending you my very best wishes for today and everyday, and thrilled to hear of your test results. I hope you are feeling the support and kindness of everyone on this forum, as I have. xx
  • rella1
    rella1 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you all for your well wishes 😘❤️ Hope you are all doing well and staying strong! I have a question has anyone used CBD oil during their chemo treatment ? 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options
    I would like to know this as well ?
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,602
    Options
    Hi @rella1 that is Great news that your bone scan and CT were clear!

re. Medicinal cannabis oils..... I’ve been using both cbd (aches and pains) and THC (sleep) for some months and believe it has reduced my aches and pains from AI meds.  I am not familiar with its use with chemo.

It would probably be wise to see what side effects you get first off ..

Check out these posts I put up 2 years ago ....  there are a lot of hoops to jump thru to get a prescription, tho technically ANY GP can apply for one on your behalf.  Eventually, I believe it will be a part of mainstream treatments for many ailments.

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/19569/medicinal-cannabis-oil-amp-reduction-of-pain-improvement-in-well-being/p1

And

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/21140/what-is-medicinal-cannabis-be-educated-how-medicinal-cannabis-oil-can-help-you/p1
    (You just need to put your email address in to watch the video.)

And of course, Olivia Newton John swears by her use of it
    https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/celebritydiagnosis/81740

all the best for your ongoing treatments xxx