Still feeling discombobulated!

Options

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,379
    Options
    @Spillsy Looks just like one of my hubbys masterpieces. He finds his artwork very therapeutic.
  • Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    Options
    @Spillsy, keep up the artwork!  If you find it therapeutic, it stays.  It is okay to be different and I like your interpretation <3
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Spillsy

Getting stuck into some form of artistic expression is the best therapy for discombulated states. My sewing room has saved my sanity countless times. No sipping though, as there is a trudge of 80 metres from the sewing "studio" ( I have pretentions of grandeur) back to the house.

I like your work, more please. 

Annie

• Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Options
    You have captured the vulnerability of diagnosis and all that goes with it. Something about the back moves me and yet there's also a sense of strength. Please keep painting!

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    Hi Spillsy, that’s fantastic! You might want to look into an art therapy group. It helped me.
  • Spillsy
    Spillsy Member Posts: 96
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement everyone. For me the yellow is my heart 💓 trying to move forward, surrounded by the discombobulated body post BC. 
    I will definitely look into art or ceramics or something else to try this year. 
    It’s amazing what the posts on here can do to raise the spirits and make me feel in similar company. 
    Thank you all. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Good to read @Spillsy!  Best wishes as you nurture your artistic strengths 

Take care 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I'd hang it on my wall! K xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    That is awesome, @Spillsy - I can't even draw a straight line!!  :(   We have my husband's art all over the house!!  ;) 

• JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    Options
    @Spillsy Hello my dear friend! I was only thinking the other day we were overdue for a lunch date to catch up! 
    As some of the other lovely  ladies have suggested finding a new focus might help, i myself have joined a gym in a hope to get my fitness up and I'm finding I miss it when I don't go (I have never before said that about exercise!)
    But I think you may have found your calling in art, your painting was fantastic, keep it up.
    I have an interview tomorrow but text me when your free and we will book in a date  soon xx
  • Spillsy
    Options
    Hello lovely, 
    great to hear from you.
    i have let the fitness/exercise   slip and know it should be a priority, then tiredness slips back in, i was doing well mid year, and feeling like I was making progress. 
    good luck for your interview.
    i am off to Launceston tomorrow, but would love to catch up later this week. 
  • arpie
    Options
    I hope to be down at Binnalong in March ..... is that too far to arrange a gathering??  ;) 

• JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    Options
    @arpie oh I do love Binnalong!
  • Spillsy
    Options
    And me!!!! V interested, when are u visiting? 
  • arpie
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Woohoo!!  I haven't got any set dates yet @Spillsy . @JoeyLiz ..... I need to work out my uke gig commitments & any Dr stuff ... then hope to be down there for4-5 days ..... and need to ok them with our owner friends!!  Keen to meet up if we can - it could be a mini social!!  xx

How was your Launceston visit @Spillsy ?  I was there a few years back, mainly for kayak fishing with a couple of buddies! I had a ball!!  I loved St Helens and Ansons Bay & Scammander ..... good fun in my fishing kayak!