To shave for wedding or wait?

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    One of the side effects of chemo is insomnia; it's quite common. Some people seem to get sleeping pills quite easily, others have trouble. You could have a chat to your GP or oncologist and see how you go. Many of us here end up taking them once a week to have a sort of catch up night. K xox
  • Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    @Lynthe glad you have a plan, that does help when you have some control.  Good luck with the rest of your treatments and the wedding. 
    My sleep was dreadful during AC, I had valium under the pillow in case I could not get back to sleep, it helped me relax and I could drift off without the cogs turning all night.  
  • shs14
    shs14 Member Posts: 146
    @lythe, my oncologist gave me ativan for the four nights of AC chemo. It really helped. Perhaps you could ask yours?
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    @Lythe I had trouble sleeping during AC , but due to the steroids.
    My oncologist reduced the dose of the steroids which helped me sleep and feel more sane. 

Good luck and congrats for your wedding!
    xx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,374
    Woohoo. Only three days to go. I hope everything goes well for your special day.

• Beaglemum
    Beaglemum Member Posts: 45
    Hi @Lythe  just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow - you will look fab whatever you decide - this is my parents wedding anniversary to and they had a happy 55 year marriage before she passed away last year so i look at this as a lucky day and hopefully so will you.  xx

• Lythe
    Lythe Member Posts: 65
    Well, my hair made the decision for me. It started falling out on Wednesday so we shaved it all off. I have a wig for tomorrow and a bamboo turban and a scarf. It should be a great day! Thank you for all the good wishes.
  • JulieVT11
    JulieVT11 Member Posts: 90
    @Lythe I’m sure you will look absolutely beautiful, hope you have the most wonderful day xx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,374
    @Lythe Have a FABULOUS day!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Dear @Lythe, I'm glad you don't have to worry about your hair tomorrow. I hope you have a glorious day. Make some beautiful memories! K xox
  • PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Hi Lythe

Congratulations, I hope you had a wonderful day.  I have also been diagnosed with her2+ breast cancer.  I used to have trouble sleeping at night.  My friend suggested trying the tapping technique.  I now use this whenever I am anxious or have trouble sleeping.  The link below explains the technique and how it works.  
    https://www.thetappingsolution.com/tapping-101/
  • Lythe
    Lythe Member Posts: 65
    And thanks for the advice for sleep everyone! It's nice to know it's not just me and to get some ideas to help
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,370
    Congratulations - lovely photo! 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Congratulations! 
    Take care