Coping with the 'new normal'

Options
2»

Comments

• SarahS
    SarahS Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi @rose , I just want to confirm that I am in no way using the posts on this forum as data. Yes, as you mentioned I have not obtained participant consent so I cannot use information posted here as data for research. Also, as per the "community guidelines" moderator post, I cannot post a survey to collect data without contacting them first.
    I have been delighted with many of the positive responses I have received, however, I completely understand your reservations. I have just contacted the moderators to clarify this issue. Of course, I will remove my posts if needed :) 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    A quick email to reassure you that @SarahS and I have been in contact today, she is aware of our community guidelines and that this is a peer support community.  Health professionals are allowed to join our online network and usually read posts rather than contributing to them.  Dont hesitate to contact me if you have any concerns.

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    @Sister,  I didn't realise for a long while that you could just google and find out conversations.  I really wasn't all that impressed when I found out to tell you the truth.  I guess we all forget that fact when we pour out our depest darkest secrets, it feels like it's just us on here.   I just assumed at the beginning it was all private.  I think a lot of new people may not know that unless they go looking.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @kezmusc

We have our community guidelines which let members know that the forum is a public space. 
    I have attached the guidelines below for members who would like to view. 
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/19189/community-guidelines#latest
    The tab in the top navigation bar titled Community info contains the guidelines and how to navigate the online community.

kind regards

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    @rose I have similar concerns. While I appreciate it's a public forum and @sarahs has had some positive and enthusiastic responses to her posts, this is not a venue where every student of every discipline related to breast cancer should come to gather information. Unless, of course, they are present as guests and not interacting with the members. Read all you like, but don't use us to further your career by bumping into a consumer space. Please. I've had similar concerns in the past
    Like you, I very much doubt that any ethics committee or supervisor would approve. 
  • rose
    rose Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks @Giovanna_BCNA for clarifying this situation. I was unaware that this is an open group. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if it was closed! At least know we know...
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I only say what I'm comfortable for the world to know on the open forum.  I save more private stuff for the PMs and closed groups.