Sewing... does anyone sew?

13»

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Wow Annie C, they are both unusual sewing jobs- who would have thought.Yes,damn bc has a lot to answer for but don’t let it beat you down- get that sewing mojo back.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Your lovely pillows would have meant the WORLD to the families .... and I bet the replacements when you weren't able to make them - just don't cut the mustard, @Annie C   xxx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Yes, photo please @afraser!

That coat is just too gorgeous @zoffiel I can imagine wearing that - or at least, I could have once when I had a figure.  @AllyJay's comment is right - I think you could make a lot of pin money selling those.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    It's a terrible photograph but you lose track of the good ones over 33 years and the original coat is in Canberra! As you can see, it's rather large - the left arm cuff is well and truly rolled up but it lasted from a maxi to a jacket - none of that 3 months wear for this amount of unfamiliar effort! 
  • jan61
    jan61 Member Posts: 48
    It’s an awesome photo! @Afraser
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Tried to get a photo of my grandson in the lorikeet coat on the weekend - no deal! His mum will keep trying........
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Such a sweet photo.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    I'm looking forward to the Dubbo Patchwork and Quilts Group Exhibition, on at St Brigids Hall, Sat 13th and Sun 14th April 9am - 5pm.Entry $7 which includes Devonshire tea. Always a very beautiful and fascinating show; from traditional to way out contemporary. Come along if  you're in a 100km radius!
  • Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    Patti J grandmothers flowers garden quilts are highly addictive.  I love them too.