Sleep

2»

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    The most obvious answer is often the correct answer. Get some pills and get a nights sleep. You have a lot going on, turn your brain off for a couple of hours. Mxx
  • DearB
    DearB Member Posts: 205
    @Zoffiel thanks 🙏 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    edited March 2019
    I hope you can get some regular sleep again @DearB  ..... definitely try something like Temase to start off with ..... but not every night - it is only supposed to be taken a few nights in any week.  It is designed to give you 4hrs sleep & hopefully remain asleep after the 4hrs is up!

I love the 'mouse fart' analogy, @AllyJay    LOL

@InkPetal -  I wonder if our thyroid has a part in our lack of sleep?   Maybe we all should get our thyroid levels checked at our next blood test?  I am not sure if I have had mine checked for years (and my sleep is stuffed too!)

My sleep pattern is very hit & miss ... I can be out in my kayak for 6hrs+ and SHOULD be stuffed at the end of the day & go to sleep - but it doesn't always happen.  I had a really long day on the water yesterday - and had very broken sleep  grrr

And good luck with your business ideas for earning enough to be able to work part time ..... that WOULD be the dream!

take care xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Always worth having your thyroid levels checked. Hypothyroidism is very common in women.
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    That overworking brain can be a damned nuisance !  Even Yoga and other relaxation techniques do not get me to sleep.  Unfortunately when all is quiet in the house is when my brain wants to be awake but every now and then I resort to a Restavit (available over the counter) to get one really good sleep in.  Makes a huge difference.  Anne
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    @DearB
    It sounds like you are giddy with excitement as the new chapter is nearing!
    Best wishes with the transition; perfect way to do it, finish work, holiday and then move 
    Take care 
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499

arpie said:

@InkPetal -  I wonder if our thyroid has a part in our lack of sleep?   Maybe we all should get our thyroid levels checked at our next blood test? 
    Great suggestion, but I've had it checked so often it's become silly. I think my GP is convinced I have a thyroid issue that just isn't showing up in my blood work. Boo
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    You can get Restivit sleeping tabs over the counter at the chemist(no codeine).I only take one when I get absolutely desperate for a sleep- every 6wks or so? Warning-you are groggy the next morning for awhile.Most of the time I function ok on 4hrs of good sleep till 3am followed by 4 hrs of rubbish sleep.
  • KarynJ
    KarynJ Member Posts: 193
    Could I also suggest that if you're getting your thyroid tested, get your cortisol levels tested as well.  Cortisol is the stress hormone.  If it is high and stays high over a long period of time, this can cause all kinds of issues like sleep problems, difficulty in losing weight and generally is not good for your body functions.
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    edited June 2019
    Thank you for that comment @KarynJ - I am thinking long term stress may be why I have terrible sleep so I will follow up on that with my GP.  It is amazing the little hints one finds here !  Um - the weight loss comment is also very appropriate !  Anne
  • KarynJ
    KarynJ Member Posts: 193
    @BlackWidow You're welcome.  You may have to do a couple of cortisol tests over a 6-12 month period to see if it is consistently high.  There are a couple of different tests - blood, 24hr urine collection (ick) and you may also have to do a midnight saliva test.  Worth it though to see if something is going on.