Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Time to own up to mets

Options
2»

Comments

• Kim2010
    Kim2010 Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Stargirl - that is exactly the kind of fight that I love to hear about. Crazy life with little kids! Keep smashing the beast and I hope to hear more good news as life rolls on. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Bagnara
    Bagnara Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thank you  everyone and especially to Kim for your caring and encouragement .  

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,554
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Giovanna_BCNA
    Can you assist @Bagnara please

Or perhaps @Riki_BCNA
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hey @Bagnara. This is the open forum and any comment made here is public. They can come up in Google searches. Anything written in the private groups (eg Metastatic Breast Cancer, Choosing Breast Reconstruction) remains private, not searchable. I found it all a bit confusing at the start as well. K xox
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi @Bagnara
    Comments on the public forum can be seen by anyone. In addition to the 'Members'--who can post and contribute--anyone, anywhere in the world at any time can view the conversations by signing in as a 'guest'. We sometimes forget that, which is why it's important to maintain some degree of cybersafety here.  There are  are 6 anonymous guests sitting here observing as I'm typing. Hello guests.
    In addition to the public forum there are private groups. These groups are members only and you have to apply for entry. There are community members who moderate and manage the groups in conjunction with BCNA; they are switched on and will only allow genuine people in. Sometimes there are glitches with the software and as those who do the approvals are volunteers, there can be delays.  It will get sorted as the mods were tagged in the last comment.
    Mxx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    In addition to my last post, people with metastatic and late stage cancer are certainly  not confined to the private groups. There are categories--Kim has put her original post under metastatic cancer-- which help sort topics, but individual threads can go madly off course. 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Bagnara thank you for your question.
    You have been posting in the general forum which is not private.  Please let me know if you would like any of your posts edited.  I have just now accepted your request to join the private living with metastatic breast cancer group.  Once you accept the request you will be in the group and can start posting there.  Please let us know if you have any further concerns.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,383
    Options
    Thank you ladies for sharing your stories. I had treatment with a single mum who has Mets in her bones and and ? I keep in contact with this lady and we go out fairly regularly. One of her children has autism. I have been able to relate your stories to her and it has given her hope after a very bleak prognosis from the doctors.