Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Time to own up to mets

Options
Kim2010
Kim2010 Member Posts: 6
edited February 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hi pink sisters

I feel like it’s time to own up to my stage 4 liver Mets that I was diagnosed with 12 months ago

I can’t say I’ve been paddling in that Egyptian river.... de-Nile.... denial (get it? :smile: ) but I have been avoiding owning up to it. I guess I’ve been wishing it’s all just a bad dream... alas!

Here it is: I was diagnosed in Sept 2010 with early triple positive with only one mode involved... oh yeah and I was 25 weeks pregnant.

Mastectomy, 15 months chemo.. 3 with a baby on board - then 6 weeks rads and then two reconstruction surgeries all with a newborn and a 2 and 4 year old.

A blissful 7.5 years on Tamoxifen with the knowledge that I was completely cured... until Feb last year.

My liver was full of it... not your normal solid tumors but a spiders web like covering of the liver.

Lots more chemo with which I did not enjoy during liver failure... ended up in hospital each time but almost unbelievably I can say I’m NED for 6 months! Crazy crazy times!

So that’s my Mets story but I’m much more than that!

I’m a full time mumma to three. I’m slowly working my way through a history research degree. I love sewing, bushwalking, talking to random strangers, tracing my family tree and chocolate (more than most things!).

So I just popped in to say hello and that i plan on hanging around here for a long time if that’s okay.

I’m currently enjoying herceptin and perjetta every three weeks and hope to be for a long time to come.

Kim :)

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Hi and welcome @Kim2010 and @Bagnara
    This really is a sneaky shit of a disease; I'm so sorry find yourselves back on the cancer train. Wishing you both the best of luck. Mxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Oh ladies... I hate this disease with a passion.  There are some others here with mets but it's good to see your voices, loud and strong.  My very best wishes to both of you.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hello @Kim2010 and @Bagnara. While I'm deeply sorry you're here I'm glad you've found this forum and I hope you find it helpful. And how's that Kim, your bravery led someone else to speak up and get support! In the face of this f******g disease, that's pretty cool. All strength to you both. K xox
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Inspirational both of you. You got back to some normalcy in life at least and even though it is back now in a different form, it does sound treatable so that is very good. Keep on posting. We care about you. <3

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    Wow ladies!  Such powerful posts ... welcome to the forum @Bagnara and @Kim2010  although I am sorry to see the change in circumstances.    

Your posts are inspirational to all of us.   Long may you be NED, Kim and @Bagnara - you’ve kept them guessing for 22 years ...... here’s to another 22. Xx

Take care ladies xxx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @Kim2010 and @Bagnara I am so glad you found this forum. It has been a lifesaver for me. Feel free to voice both your pain and your joys as well as the many frustrations we all face. We are here to support each other and love sending virtual hugs. xxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi ladies - goodness what can I say!  There's a dedicated group for mets, private, whereas this forum is public that you may want to join with others in a similar situation - if you haven't already joined

Best wishes for your ongoing treatment 

Take care 

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/2-living-with-metastatic-breast-cancer
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Welcome @Bagnara & @Kim2010 ,sorry to see you here ,but great to have you just the same. Your stories are both inspirational to the ladies that have mets . 
    There is so much support here for you any time of day or night ,sharing stories ,families ,laughs , love & caring . Along with experiences of treatments & medications. 
    Hugs to you both xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    Hey Kim, did you mean to type 'mets' in the title? If so, @Giovanna_BCNA will be able to correct it I'm sure.  :)
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    @Bagnara and @Kim2010  Just wanted to say a big Hi and welcome to the forum none of us expected to be in but hope you get as much out of it as I have with all of these inspirational members supporting us on our bad days and making us laugh on others.  Good luck on your treatments.  xo
  • kmakm
    Options
    We did!
  • StarGirl
    StarGirl Member Posts: 135
    Options
    @Kim2010, I can totally relate to that. I think denial is underrated! It’s a great survival tool. I was diagnosed in 2015 with MBC de novo with extensive liver mets (not a spider web though, I’ve not heard of that before, just multiple fairly large tumours) at that time I had a 2 year old and a 4 year old. Did chemo etc and haven’t had a day of trouble with my liver since. Like you I’m on 3 weekly Herceptin and Perjeta since 2015. Wishing you all the best x