Heart aflutter again.

Options
1235»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    Great that you got the all clear xx. Now it is time to go fishing???

Terrific you are getting the help you need - as you say, shame it didn't come years ago. :(   I am feeling more settled just now - long may it last .... tho still plenty of triggers out there ....

Gosh, not what you needed just now, @Brenda5 - I'm glad it finally settled down again xx. Good luck on finalising the house & finding a new one in your budget - that would be great if you could pay cash for it with no mortgage .....  Do your boys contribute rent/food to you, if living with you?  Many parents don't ask for it - but given you are saving THEM a heap of $$, they really should help you out too, even if a minimal amount!

Take care, Happy New Year & all the best for 2023 xx
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Options
    Hi @Brenda5 staying away from stressful situations seems to work well for many.  Finding that peace and quiet in this busy world with sometimes many expecting so much of our time can be difficult.  This was another reason I chose not to return to the work environment and ended up formally retiring in mid 2021.  Then a couple of months late I took on a volunteer role for 5 months, but so many politics and I could see I was going to sacrifice my values to fit in with those that ran the place, so I left there.  I really don't need the dramas in my life, and I am so much more happier attending more fully to my garden and home and hobbies.  

Yay, great your scan came back negative.  :)  Take care of you and I hope your house situation gets resolved in a timely fashion, and it sound like your cardiologist is giving you great advise on how to manage the Atrial Fibrillation. xx 
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Put yourself first always @Brenda5. You deserve to stay well and it is good you are putting things into place to enable that. Keep the stress at bay. Deep breathing always help. Take care 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Good luck @Brenda5 with your interview for DSP 
    We went through the process earlier this year for my sister.  We had a phone call from Centrelink to say you passed the first stage and 3 weeks later a text came through to say we were successful. 
    Fingers crossed you are successful 

Take care and Best wishes with moving
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I have been feeling the pull of fishing but its as windy as atm and due to my heart meds often having me dizzy, I don't go out much. Agoraphobia doesn't help either. Mind you I am still scheming with the new house, the possiblity of me having a kayak close to water. I can dream.

As to calming myself, it is deep breathing, meditation to make myself relax every portion of my body and listening to calming music on youtube. There are several to choose from. You just have to find the one with the right tones for you.
  • arpie
    Options
    Very windy down here too.  Rob (masterangler) gave me some new topwater lures in the latest colours to try out - and I wanted to do it yesterday, as I couldn't disappear on my guests on Xmas Day .... and it was windy as too :(  A bit better today, but with more guests arriving soon (supposed to be here after lunch, but Sydney traffic has been horrendous & will get here in about 1/2hr ...) so didn't get out today either!  grrr Hope you get out soon xx
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Brenda5,

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Brenda5
    Options
    I finally got a disability pension. I just cannot get back to what I was before breast cancer 7 years ago but at least now I have some financial security and can pay my bills again. My heart meds are cheaper too as they are all covered on the pbs scheme so I don't have a heart attack getting the bill for heart meds any more. I can also see my doctor now for free as he only bulk bills pensioners. The rest have to pay and I haven't had the income for that especially for full skin cancer checks which are about $200.

Interestingly, my mum also has Atrial Fibrillation and recently had a pacemaker inserted. That is after she had covid like me and the heart meds she was on decided not to work either.
    I visited her in the same hospital I had been in and the stress of if brought on my Atrial Fibrillation that night while I was asleep (reliving the hospital in my mind) but an extra heart pill and then another in the morning finally quietened my heart back in to rhythm.

We find out if the contract on the house sale is unconditional on Monday. They have finance but are arguing the price down some more. You can't get blood out of a stone and we are as low as we can go so they will have to decide if they want the house at the price in the contract or not.
    We have a new house to move to which will be no loan to buy. It's only a 3 bedroom but there is a 4th one we could make out of a formal dining room when we save up some money for someone to put a wall and a door in. 

Monday I will be chasing our bank, or our solicitor will, to get a mortgage release and a payout figure on the loan. Twice I have tried contacting them but because its a business structured loan, none of the regular staff can touch it. Someone must be handling it as the interest rate went up again to 7.93%. It is very frustrating. I hope there aren't too high a penalties or we will be short on settlement on the new house or may not have enough moneys for a removalist. Just hoping it will all work out alright and on 23rd March we will be in our new house, albeit a long way from any beaches.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Excellent news @Brenda5

Just got the final hurdle of paperwork and you'll be in the next phase of home life without all the financial worries 

Best wishes 
    Take care
  • arpie
    Options
    Great news on the disability pension, @Brenda5 .... if THEY pull out at this stage, then YOU should get to keep the deposit!! They've already agreed on the price, so can't try & lower it at this point in time! 

Take care, and all the best on the bank stuff & removalist stuff - I don't envy you the packing & moving!!  xx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Hey @Brenda5 qualifying for a disability pension was probably not high on any of our lists a few years ago, but I am so pleased that you have gotten over that hurdle and that life may be a little easier.

Onward. We are still valuable, even after being mauled by our disease and a system that doesn't want to recognise how hard we have tried to stay mainstream. 
  • Brenda5
    Options
    Apparently I wasn't taking the right dose of one of the heart meds lol. It came in a little bottle and the label was a wrap around with a kink halfway thru the dose rate. The new ones came in a box with a good big flat label I can read so instead of half a tab morning and night, its actually half in the morning and full tab at night. It seems to be working better now with no middle of the night atrial fibrillation.
    I survived breast cancer, I am surviving heart troubles, I survived covid. Now if I can just survive this house move on 23rd March things should go much easier.
  • arpie
    Options
    Glad you've got the dosage right, @Brenda5 ... and all the best for your big move!  I don't envy you!  xx