Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Yum!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I'm on sugar overload just looking at the photos!
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    @Annie C If we all got together it would be a sugar and booze overload by the looks of it! :naughty:
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    @Annie C   I will come!
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Are you planning a trip @Annie C ? would love to catch] up again !
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @tigerbeth

I wish.

I think my travelling days are done. Received a diagnosis 2 weeks ago of COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease ) stage 2 bordering on stage 3. It has taken 15 months of almost constant asthma /breathing difficulties but finally a diagnosis. 

Puts paid to that useless doctor at our hospital who told me I had emotional asthma because I had treatment for breast cancer!  Revenge is definitely sweet.

The respiratory physician has recommended no flying until we sort this out.

But I am known for totally disregarding medical advice that I regard as not being in my best interests. 

We will see.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,576
    Options
    :(  :(    OMG!  :(   That is horrible  @Annie C, specially on top of your BC  :(  

I hope that your medication can be sorted to relieve the symptoms.   Does the extreme heat you are getting make it worse - or is it better than humid weather?  

Don't you hate it when the Drs trivialise your symptoms?   I think a letter might be in order to the the Hospital Admin?

Take care my friend  xxxxx  

So Maybe no flying in the 'meantime' ...... maybe next year!  (It's only a week away!  ;)  )  
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, life is very unfair. I would also be tempted to do something painful to your hospital doctor - emotional asthma!! Here's hoping you can sort it all out very well. Best wishes. 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Oh @Annie CI am so sorry to hear that news !😔 So shocking for you , I bet ! 
    Dreadful error of diagnosis by that doctor, hope he is taken to task !
    Please look after yourself , as much as I'd love to see you here again you'd better do what they say ! 
    Hope you can get it sorted & you are breathing easy 
    Hoping for a happier new year for you
    many hugs xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    My Dad suffers from COPD. When he coughs it sounds very asthmatic and like he has lost his breath. He takes medication as required and the Prof keeps him calm. He's coming up to 9 years since diagnosis .
    Good management and you'll be under control and enjoying the every day 

Take care and hugs
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @tigerbeth
    @iserbrown
    @Afraser
    @arpie
    Thankyou.
    I know that with medication and pulmonary rehabilitation I will be fine. The additional medication along with the medication I use for my asthma (which I have had to over 25 years) is helping. 

I have sat on the diagnosis for over 2 months. I had lung function tests 2 weeks ago that confirmed the physician's suspicion. It is good to know. 

And if I coped with breast cancer I can manage this but bloody hell if it doesn't rain it pours!

C'est la vie.