new diagnosis

Options
13»

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Night Howls is always a good spot in the dark hours to have a chat. 

Glad all went well @jomaree.  Don't be surprised if you start feeling lousy over the next couple of days - it should start to pick up after that.  I used to find about Day 5 or 6 I'd be feeling human again.  Take the meds you need, get some exercise if you can and then veg when you need to.
  • CathyMac
    CathyMac Member Posts: 65
    Options
    @jomaree glad to hear all went well yesterday with your first chemo and I hope you are feeling ok today. I start chemo on Monday. Sending hugs❤️
  • Newby24
    Newby24 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    @jomaree good afternoon, I am hoping you are going okay and thinking of you with hugs. 
  • Newby24
    Options
    @CathyMac hope you also are coping and I hope you have a good weekend cause Monday will come quick enough. Hugs to you 💕
  • jomaree
    jomaree Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Was doing ok up until yesterday then hit the deck. Took things easy and hopefully today will be better Thanks everyone <3
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Take it easy. Try to get some gentle exercise if you can.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Yep, some exercise mitigates the side effects. And on those days when you've done nothing else, it gives you a sense of achievement. K xox
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    Thinking of you @jomaree agree with the others about exercise even if it's just a lap around the garden.xo
  • jomaree
    jomaree Member Posts: 12
    Options
    getting intense gut cramps. Toiletries are normal and drinking plenty of water, so not fun.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @jomaree I am not sure what to recommend. I just curled up and felt sorry for myself. I didn’t get this on my subsequent rounds, just the first one. Hang in there, hopefully it will be the same for you, but let your onco know so that if it does happen again she may have something for it. I think it was my body’s way of saying it wasn’t liking me very much. Just know that every person reading your post will be sending you virtual hugs. xxx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    :(   Thinking of you, @Jomaree    Definitely let your onc know - I hope it settles down for you soon.  xx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I was the same as @Blossom1961, I only had them in the first round. Grin and bear it, but ask your onc what they recommend if it happens again. K xox
  • Newby24
    Options
    @jomaree hope it gets easier for you, thinking of you n sending hugs