new diagnosis

Options

Comments

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    Hi @jomaree absolutely agree with @Doodoo. I also did TC and finished Sept 18,  it is doable and the big thing I could suggest is make a note on how you are coping after each chemo so you know what to expect. If you do have any adverse side effects let them know as they can change your pre chemo and after chemo drugs around so you don't have to suffer in silence they did this with me and it made a big difference.  I found day 3 to day 9 the worst days for me and then I picked up until the next chemo. You'll get there and if you have any questions just ask away. All the best  xox
  • kitkatb
    Options
    Hi @jomaree absolutely agree with @Doodoo. I also did TC and finished Sept 18,  it is doable and the big thing I could suggest is make a note on how you are coping after each chemo so you know what to expect. If you do have any adverse side effects let them know as they can change your pre chemo and after chemo drugs around so you don't have to suffer in silence they did this with me and it made a big difference.  I found day 3 to day 9 the worst days for me and then I picked up until the next chemo. You'll get there and if you have any questions just ask away. All the best  xox
  • sandramj
    sandramj Member Posts: 253
    Options
    We know what’s best for us when we listen to our inner knowing.  Trust our gut feeling. That’s what’s right for us.  Hope your journey is fast healing with a full  recovery 
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    @jomaree TC can be savage on the kidneys so make sure you drink 2 to 3 ltrs of fluid for a few days before & after chemo & absolutely ask any questions xx
  • jomaree
    jomaree Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. Started my Premeds today. Have a long day tomorrow. 9am at hospital to meet Pharmacist, Nurse and Social worker. 11.30 see Oncologist to go over side effects and sign consent forms. 1pm start chemo till about 3.45pm. Saw radiology oncologist last week and will have a planning session in March and start in April if chemo goes to plan. Had my bone density scan done also. When do you start Hormone therapy?. Must remember to write things down. My daughter coming with me in the morning and hubby will come sit with me in the afternoon. He has been through chemo for bowel cancer so knows the go. will keep everyone one posted on my travels and sure I will be asking for help along the way xoxo:| :| :|  
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    They like to give you a bit of a break after you've finished your last treatment, whatever it is. Usually two to four weeks.

Good luck tomorrow @jomaree. That is a long day indeed. K xox
  • jomaree
    Options
    Thanks. Every bit of onfo helps.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @jomaree all the best with your first treatment tomorrow
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    All the best, @jomaree - we'll be thinking of you!    Great that hubby is there to support you xx

I LOVED Launceston & surrounding towns - I visited a couple of years ago with a buddy & fished St Helen's, Ansons Bay, Salamander & numerous other places .... can't wait to get back for another go!!  ;) 

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hope it all runs like clockwork!
  • kitkatb
    Options
    Good luck with everything today @jomaree , thinking of you.  You've got this.  xox
  • Newby24
    Newby24 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Good Luck @jomaree I’m sure you will be fine 👍🏼 I start chemo tomorrow and am a little scared but hopefully this will be the best decision I have made 👍🏼
  • jomaree
    Options
    Was my first today and all went well. Hope the next few days are the same good luck Newby24 xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Good on you @jomaree. You'll probably feel OK tomorrow and then start to feel a bit crap after that. Do some exercise and keep those fluids up. You've got this! K xox
  • Newby24
    Newby24 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    @jomaree glad everything went well. It is quite early and sleep is not happening so I thought I would check out my friends so hope you all have a good day today everyone 👍🏼💕