New diagnosis - Jen029

Options
2»

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Oh tbats not good about your sister. I kniw this sounds selfish but you do need to just focus on you and trust she is safe and receiving appropriate care. Hope things go well with chemo. 
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your sister, at least she is in the right place to get the help she needs.
    I agree with primek, you need to concentrate on yourself at the moment and get the treatment you need.
    Life is always throwing curve balls , you need to put yourself first at this time of your life.
    Your sister is in good hands.
    sending cyber hugs ❤️
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Look after yourself.  Your sister is getting what she needs.
  • Jen029
    Jen029 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    I had the 1st day of chemo on Wednesday, haven’t felt too bad until now. Just feeling  the nausea a bit today, it is very hot here today so I will just be taking it easy and hopefully things will settle down.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,579
    Options
    Well done, @Jen029  ...... just rest up - and remember sleep is your friend!   Stay inside & stay cool.

I hope the nausea passes quickly.  Were you given anti nausea tablets?  You'll work out a pattern when you need to take them ..  (My husband had some during his chemo - then on about day 3-4, he would just put himself to bed for 2-3 days til he felt better ...) 

All the best - don't forget to drink plenty of water to help flush it out too xx

• Jen029
    Options
    Last chemo today, just a few days of nausea and fatigue to get through then things should be improving. If it is much the same as the last treatment it shouldn’t be too hard to get through the next few days. I had the cold cap which has worked well, my hair has thinned out but has survived. Even had the nurses at the hospital tell me that I have kept more hair than most do on the TC chemo which was very encouraging. Radiation starts in early March, so the finish line is in sight. 😀
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    woo hoo Last chemo done .... yep get through the next few days and then recoup ready for Rads.... it is no where near as harsh as chemo...

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    Yay  pat yourself on the back.  Just these days to get through and you got it.    xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,579
    Options
    Well done, you .... rest up, drink heaps of water, and rads should be much easier xxxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Well done! TC is tough. Good on you. K xox
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Well done!! True warrior xx
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Fabulous and well done! Make sure you do something to celebrate once you're  feeling up to it  @Jen029. It's so important you spoil yourself at this time and before you start radiation. Xxx
  • Newby24
    Newby24 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    I have loved reading this all, the support on this page is absolutely beautiful. @Jen029 congrats on your last chemo, I have just had my second one on Wednesday and I am starting to hit the bad week coming up but if it was like round one I’ll be okay. Good luck with your radiation 👍🏼
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Yay! You got through it!
  • Jen029
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind comments, it is good to see the light at the end of the tunnel😀💕