18/10/18 Mira's Birthday Yesterday!!!

Options
socoda
socoda Member Posts: 1,767
Sending a BELATED Happy Birthday wish to the lovely @Mira for your birthday yesterday!!! Hoping your day was filled with love, laughter, happiness, fun, excitement and beautiful cake.  Here's an ice cream cake for you because we know you have a slight fondness for ice cream.  Sending big hugs and hoping that you had an awesome day. Xx Cath PS Sorry for the late wishes!!

Comments

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thank you so much Cath, I LOVE IT!!!  I normally make rocky road icecream for my birthday but this year I had this really crazy idea.   My job is in health and fitness (okay, it's talking on facebook but it's still in the health and fitness industry) and we talk about banana icecream all the time.  Banana icecream is when you take a frozen banana and pop it in the blender, it's actually very yummy and kinda similar to  icecream (especially if you add a dash of peanut paste & cacao, but I digress).

So this year, rather than making my full fat, cream, egg yolk & sugar icecream with choc bits, dried berries, nuts and those tiny lil marshmallows that are so delicious.  I thought I'd be clever and  make it "healthy" and use a frozen banana as a base instead of the cream/egg/sugar and I'd be extra good and use goji berries, cacao nibs, slivered almonds & puffed quinoa (instead of the delicious lil marshmallows & chocolate).  I was pumped up.  I was enthusiastic.  I had puffed quinoa and cacao nibs.   Go me, I'm going to be extra good on my birthday!!

Let me tell you … it was not the same!!   It was nice but … there is no replacement for proper Rocky Road Icecream.  Don't let anyone fool you ladies & gents.  Blended frozen banana is healthy and good as a swap on some days, but for special occasions like my birthday stick with the real stuff!

Now, bring on Christmas.  That's my next occasion for making REAL icecream   :smiley:
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Mira
    A very Happy Belated Birthday for yesterday. 

Have a second one today and treat yourself to your yummy scrumptious rocky road iceream. You deserve it.

Take care and warm Kimberley wishes to you.

Annie
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Many happy returns @Mira! I hope you had a wonderful day with lots if cake, presents and love. And ice cream! K xox

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Many happy if belated best wishes! 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @Mira what a great cake from Socoda!  Hoping you had a wonderful day.
  • Mira
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile:  @Annie C  I'm so tempted to make my icecream anyway, it wouldn't take much to twist my arm ….. 
  • Annie C
    Options
    @Mira
    I have just twisted your arm. Just lightly!
  • Mira
    Options
    Great twist Annie, I'll buy some cream & choc next time I'm at the shops :smile: #AnnieMadeMeDoIt :smiley:
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Mira, same birthday as me!! Hope your's was fun x
  • Mira
    Options
    Happy birthday for yesterday poodlejules, I hope you had a great day too :smile:
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    Many Happies, @Mira   

• Annie C
    Options
    @Mira
    I will take full responsibility for your rocky road ice cream fetish! Got to have some indulgence.
    Annie

• Mira
    Options
    Thanks arpie!  Annie, I like the way you think :smile:
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Mira, just in case you have finished the lovely cake from @socoda

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options