New study aimed at relieving hot flushes

Options

Comments

• Glescagirl
    Glescagirl Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for your prompt responses and insight. I apologise for not responding sooner. I have been caught up in further bad news concerning my recent breast cancer surgery. Excuse the fact that I have not responded individually, which I normally would do. I know you will understand the roller coaster that we all are experiencing in different ways, and appreciate all your helpful comments.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Glescargirl, I have sent you a private message.
  • Schwen
    Schwen Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Sheeshhh something else for me to look foward to lol....i have been getting hot flushes since i went into early manapause, and i havent even started hormone tabs yet..LOL.....
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    I am So sorry to hear that, @Glescagirl  .... all the best for your ongoing treatment xx

With a bit of luck, @Schwen you may not get the extreme side effects when you do start your tabs, having started prior to treatment.  xx

• arpie
    Options
    2 ladies in my ukulele group practise Bowen Therapy @Elizebeth  - I haven't tried it myself, but they swear by it.

All the best for your ongoing treatment xx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Finally heard back from them, and have been invited to participate in a phone call to assess whether I'm eligible. I have read 13 pages of info and consent forms. Ready to go ahead if they want me. Goes for nine weeks. Pretty intensive but I'm up for it. The hot flushes have had such an unpleasant impact on my quality of life, if I can do anything at all to help I'll do it. Of course I'd rather not be in the placebo group! But if that's the way it goes, so be it. 
  • arpie
    Options
    WOW!  That took a long time @kmakm !!   Terrific news.   Keep us in the loop.   I don't think I would qualify as I don't get a minimum of 7 flushes a day.

I hope you are not in the placebo group too!!  Good luck!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thanks @arpie
  • kmakm
    Options
    Nope, I don't qualify. You have to be over 55 or have had your tubes tied or had an oophorectomy/hysterectomy. Phone interview to find out these details. What a waste of the poor researcher's time! Why didn't they put that in their initial appeal for volunteers? Goodness me, how frustrating.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @kmakm Borrow my birth certificate lovely. Love Didi xxx
  • arpie
    Options
    Well I am over 55 but not had the others .... so still wouldn't qualify. I thought it was about women with hot flushes - even brought on by AIs??

What did they say about hot flushes & the AI's, @kmakm

• kmakm
    Options
    @arpie Nothing other than to ask me what I'm on.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options

• arpie
    Options
    Pinching that one, @iserbrown   ;)

• JulieVT11
    JulieVT11 Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Bugger bugger i'm 55 this year, had tubes tied, had an oophorectomy, on tamoxifen but don't qualify as I live in  Brisbane (where by the way the humidity and hot flushes are just not a good combination)