Confussed and scared

Options
124»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Hi @Gal .... as you say, some good news and some not so good ..... a great that your nodes and margins are clear! That is always a bonus.

Once you know your treatment plan you’ll have a clearer idea of how you’ll be affected ..... don’t go buying a heap of stuff just yet .... 

In the mean time, Keep doing what you love doing as much as you are able .... the silly thing is that even after surgery, we don’t necessarily ‘look’ of ‘feel’ ill .... 

Is subsidised accomodation available for you where you will be having your treatment (in Cairns?)  Others on the forum may have suggestions on where to go.  I was lucky that Port Macquarie Hospital has accom attached for patients and their family. Your BC nurse may know too. 

Will be thinking of you at your next meetings xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I know you are shaken by the idea of chemo but it's really good news that it's all gone and not in the nodes.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Hey @Gal

Chemo scares the bejesus out of everyone at the start and the whole thing is one big stress ball rollercoaster.

Great news on the nodes and margins though. I had to go back for re excision as well and 5 nodes involved. 

Once you know which treatment you're on there will be plenty of tips and advice on here for you.

Chemo stinks but a lot of the time it is nowhere near as horrid as what your brain manages to conjure up.  Some people get through it without too many major dramas at all.

xoxoxoxo

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Gal It might be a good idea to post that query as a separate, new discussion. Your query would then be noticed by everyone scanning new discussions.
  • Gal
    Gal Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Thank you Flaneuse I will do that.