Friday Funnies

Options

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    May be an image of coffee cup and text that says Good morning made coffee for you drank it for you too
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    As you might have guessed. I LIKE my coffee
    May be an image of 3 people and text that says Why do you have coffee every day Will Will you die without it Me No but you might
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 739
    Options

• cranky_granny
    Options
    Coming up next week 
  • cranky_granny
    Options

• cranky_granny
    Options

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Following on from the post by @arpie on 26 February:

How on earth did we survive growing up as we did in the 50s/60s?

Does anyone else remember:
    1. Wearing a calico bag around the neck in winter which contained a block of camphor ?
    2. Sticking an infected finger into a glass of peroxide ?
    3. Using salt and one's finger to clean one's teeth ?
    4. Using charcoal from the fire to clean one's teeth in winter ?  (The relatively new toothpaste fad of charcoal is not really new) ...

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,621
    Options
    @June1952 I never wore a calico bag with a block of camphor - but When I was very young, my mother cut a hole in the top of a potato bag for my head & 2 holes for my arms, and told me to go out & play in THAT .... ( as I'd played in mud with my nice dress on.)  Apparently I paraded up & down the street in it, telling the neighbours to come look at the lovely dress my mother had made me ..... LOL

Yes to 2, 3 & 4 tho!!  The salt works, but tastes horrible - and the charcoal is like eating dirt!!  :( 
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Options
    @June1952 I made a crochet chain and knitted a small bag to tie the camphor block in.  
    @arpie I never had a potato bag, but sounds practical. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,621
    Options
    May be an image of text that says  like to make lists  also silversurfers like to leave them in the kitchen and then guess whats on the list while in the supermarket SHOPPINGLIST SHOPPING LIST wwwsilversurferscom
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,137
    Options
    @arpie
    we have all been there!
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    "My coffee looked at me this morning and told me 'sorry, I don't do miracles' "
    (Baby Yoda meme page)
  • cranky_granny
    Options
    This is my thinking at the moment. Just been informed my birthday dinner is booked for 6pm on the night of my Birthday. No query as to do i want to go to dinner. Need to think up something crazy to embarrass them all. Just for the heck of it 🤪😜
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    Hire a stripper!