Wobbly nearing the end of active treatment

Options
124»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Zoffiel I still hate her!
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    @Joannie - I don't know where I got 67 from. Perhaps we were given something back in a budget since my estimation, which admittedly must be at least 10 years old. So I've only got just over 2 years. I think I feel really pleased. I will definitely be feeling thrilled when it finally sinks in to my still chemo addled brain. Thank you for that.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmcin28
    kmcin28 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site and not sure if this is the correct place to post. I was diagnosed with her2+ just over 12 months ago and finished my chemo just before Christmas, at the moment I am being treated 3 weekly with Herceptin and Leterazole (taken orally daily). I was quite sick with the first four rounds of chemo before I started on taxol, I tolerated this ok but in the last few days I have noticed I'm unreasonably emotional and have pain in my right arm and hand, I have had some amount of pain in other areas but not as severe as this. At this stage my last Herceptin will be in October. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    @kmcin28 I will copy and paste thus to your own post. 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I was born in 1962 so I will probably have to make it to 68 to get a pension. I will be happy just to make it to 60 lol. I reckon breast cancer diagnosis should give us an instant pension as I have aged at least 10 years with treatment. Things like heart troubles that shouldn't be happening until I am in my late 60's early 70's are happening to me now.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Absolutely right @Brenda5
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    @Brenda5 I so totally agree with you about the instant pension for people with breast cancer.
    Some might not want it - I'm pretty sure it's a system that wouldn't be abused, lol.
    I don't know how working people cope. 12 months down the track I can still barely get myself out the door.
    Just getting a healthcare card out of them took 3 personal visits to their offices in the middle of my AC chemo.
    It was 'not possible' to do it online according to the short sleeved public servants who dealt with me each time.
    I'd hate to be asking them for actual money! I wonder how many visits that takes.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,600
    Options
    At the very least - you should be able to access your super - so that you DO have a steady income stream for the period that you AREN'T able to work.  That would at least relieve that initial pressure of 'HOW DO I PAY THE MORTGAGE?RENT & FEED THE KIDS!'

I am SO in awe of you ladies who are going thru all this and are still working & supporting your family and doing all the chores & cooking as well.

I was SO lucky to be able to 'retire' at 50 (when my husband retired at 65) - living in a smallish rural town, there weren't that many jobs around 18 years ago - so we bought lawn mowing run for a few years.  

Before retiring, I was super fit & healthy - rock climbing, fishing, swimming & doing whatever I liked!   After retiring - I had 2 shoulder surgeries (which each took 2-4 years for full range of movement recovery), 2 knee surgeries, a buggered hip that affected me for 8 months, the other half had most of his stomach removed from stomach cancer so needed 24/7 care and to top it off - I got BC.  I would have HATED to be working as well!

As I said - I am in AWE of EVERYONE who continues to work thru all this shit.  I am 65 now & still won't be able to access my super til I am 67 .... but with the aid of hubby's pension & income streams we are comfortable.  We don't do 'luxuries' ..... but are happy with our lot.