Wobbly nearing the end of active treatment

Options

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Yes that is one of hard parts - heading to the poor house! 
    Every time you turn around there's another bill, or so it seems and yes I know they are looking after me but it doesn't come cheap!  I know I am very tired and fatigued and hence the little things get me down.  I have just changed from Tamoxifen which was $19 for 60 tablets to Femara which is $36 for 30 tablets - I nearly chucked a wobbly at the Chemist but pulled myself up!  We all have a point that we feel sends us in a tailspin but what brings us back is the knowledge of we're on our way to NED!
    It's a long process and we're busy developing a new life as the old one prior to BC has disappeared...........it does get better and there's all of us on here, coming and going, but supporting as we get it!!
    Take care x

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    We have gone through all our emergency money, despite some generous assistance from my father. First order of business is to restore those funds *prays to god of whitegoods & motor vehicles to be merciful*
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Yes I get the financial impact. Don't firget about the breast cancer retreats. @Soldercrab has the info on tbst. The details escape me presently.  Our holidays are riding on his motorbike. We aren't doing overseas stuff or flying anywhere and we have to save carefully. Although our boys are men...they are all still home and not working full time so our income is still tight. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @primek It's the Otis Foundation. I'm waiting to hear from them.
  • kmakm
    Options
    I've had a better week when it comes to my mental health. It's been relatively stress free. However tonight my niece and nephew were difficult, especially the former. She's 10yrs old and basically had a full on tantrum for two hours. She was extremely rude, aggressive, trashed her room, sobbed & screamed loudly, slammed doors etc for over two hours. My husband wasn't here. I had to get my 18yo son to come and sit with me because if she got sufficiently violent I would not be able to restrain her in my current condition.

Eventually the storm passed, but I've been emotionally wobbly ever since. I'm not coping with the stress of these situations as well as I did before. It's really thrown me, how delicately balanced my equilibrium is. I hope I get stronger as I move through recovery.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @tigerbeth @Brenda5 @kezmusc @Kiwi Angel @Romla @kmakm hey lovelies I feel we have all had plenty of advice to give to each other along the way of this shitty uphill climb that is breast cancer.  As we are all so different it’s given me and plenty of others the strength to keep on climbing as there is always someone to pull you up out of the shit and show you the summit. I definately felt that way at the start. Felt quite vulnerable to be honest and as shitty as the chemo was I felt somewhat “protected” and because I had triple neg bc and I don’t take any of the preventative meds post so it was a bit scary to begin with.  2 years cancer free (nearly) and I’m getting on with life pretty good now. Although I get the reminders every three months with oncol and surgeons appointments and the usual yearly heart echo that “it’s not quite all over just yet”  and I still get a little anxious prior to these but overall it’s good. I’m a survivor and this is my new normal but I’m at peace with it now. Grateful to be here grateful I have my family around me and grateful I’ve met you guys (even if only virtually for some of you) as it’s given me the opportunity to rant when I’m pissed off and guide and advise me when I’ve needed it too. Big hug to you all. Margie xx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I've stopped keeping count of what this has cost financially in the last 20 months. I've gone through $50k in savings. Lost wages... phhfftt $120k? Not that you can count that. Apparently. Im about to hack into my mortgage--20 years of hard work getting frittered away on bills.
    I've been working from home about ten hours a week but when I told my boss I needed more work and would have to look elsewhere if she didn't have any she had a hissy fit. No work the last two weeks. Tells me all I need to know about her, really. Three job interviews this week, which is promising I suppose. There is fuck all work here and the most likely option is 70km away. Great. I have no idea how I will  find the energy for ten hour days, but what are my options. If I don't do something soon I'll end up down by the river living in the campervan with the horse float as an Annex.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Zoffiel @onemargie I’m so glad all you women are here. We are all going though the same thing and have our individual challenges along the way. Family can be a help or a hindrance in these situations I have realised. Be strong as I know u all are ladies xoxox
  • kmakm
    Options
    @primek I heard back from the Otis Foundation. I'm booked in for one of their properties in mid to late June. SO looking forward to the fresh country air. Hope the weather is as clear and sunny as it is in Melbourne today. Huge thanks to the family that donated this property.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Zoffiel Your boss is a **** of the highest order. That is discrimination. If you had the energy you could report her. What a cow.
  • kmakm
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You're a pithy, earthy guiding light for me and no doubt many others @onemargie. Right back at you! Thank you. K xox
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    That's fantastic @kmakm
  • kmakm
    Options
    @primek I'll post a photo or two when I'm there  :)
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options

Joannie said:

I for one would like to retire from the workforce and take up golf and some other new hobbies, and spend more time with friends and family. But I won't get a pension until 66, so another 3 years to go.  I sometimes think we are expected to work ourselves to death. :(

Are you sure about that Joannie? I don't get a pension until I'm 67 and I was born in 1954. I'd love to be wrong, lol.

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    No I couldn't, Kate. I'm a work from home casual; if she says there is no work for me there is nothing I can do. If she had cancelled shifts, maybe, maybe not.