Comments

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 253
    edited May 2018
    Options
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hi Matt,  Sorry that your post has become a call for revolution!  Please don't be worried about coming back here.  We all know what you're feeling - I'm sure emotions don't change that much with gender.  I'm a late starter in the child front, too.  I'm 54 and have 3 kids ranging from 12yo to 16yo.  I just want to be back to fitness, relevant and around for them for a long time.
  • traveltext
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yes, sorry Matt. There's a lot so help here and a lot of passion for various topics, and pink is one of them.
  • traveltext
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Romla, Charter may well be beter. Perhaps we were feeling revolutionary at the time. And, yes, at least one percent of research funds to go to make bc research.

The most famous person in Oz  I know is the ex Premier if NSW, Nick Greiner. He speaks publicly, and like me, he has both breast and prostate cancer.

Love the Fiield of People name change. How about it BCNA? And don't get me started on the BCNA logo.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    There's an old saying "You can only make a first impression once" and that is so true. I'm not an advertising guru, but I do consider myself to be pretty street smart and attentive. With the overload of advertising in the modern world, you have only a split  second to attract the eye of your potential target. If the colour, format, music or jingle, give you a bum steer right at the get go, you've lost them...they won't come back for a second look. The pink loo lady cut out doesn't do it for me at all. I simply can't imaging any bloke's eyes swivelling back for a second look at any written message attached to it that might save their lives. Not that many years ago, informational advertising regarding heart attacks typically portrayed a middle aged businessman clutching his chest in pain. The general public opinion on the matter was that heart attacks typically affected middle aged businessmen and that the symptoms were chest pain. The picture said it all and reinforced that public perception. How many women died because they thought that what they were experiencing was a severe attack of heartburn? It is now more publicly known that these so called facts are not always true. Men of all ages and occupations have heart attacks as do women. Some have chest pain, some don't. Some have abdominal pain, some have only dizziness, some are silent and simply knock you down. Breast cancer ...ditto... Mostly women, but certainly men get it. Some have a discernible lump, some don't. Only recently was the thing with the lemons out in public...many people didn't know that you could have breast cancer if you didn't feel a lump. I think things could be improved to firstly attract the attention (and donor dollars) of the public and then accurately inform and educate them.
  • traveltext
    Options
    Nicely put AllyJay.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Heartily agree @Sister and @AllyJay.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hey if you want to have this discussion you should set up a separate post so that it can become a post of interest for the hierarchy as at present this started out as Matt telling us he's been diagnosed and embarrassed by it!  
  • traveltext
    Options
    OK, Matt, you have the full range of people to ask questions of. Good luck with your treatment and do come back and let us know how you are going at the various stages. 

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Hi again @traveltext sorry my suggestion wasn’t clear. What I meant was not to specify the actual % as that can change overtime. Might try to ask for some of this to go on Field of Dreams ? post as some is unrelated to welcoming Matt.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • traveltext
    Options
    @Joannie. Here's a sign in a Toowoomba public toilet.

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Insight into another world!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options