Who else can't sleep?

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @romla Krill oil has come up a couple of times now. I'll ask my oncologist.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Looks like Movicol is much the same sort of product with similar ingredients but it has salt

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I had movichol (or home brand equiv) as I was passing bricks and would be dripping blood...sorry tmi. Anyway my onco had me start day before chemo...then morning and night for at least 2 to 3 days. I almost kissed him at next appointment. It was a godsend. snd keep up tbe fluids. Bubbly water with slice if lemon if you can't stand plain water. 
    The salt draws the water into the bowel which is what you need. 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    Unfortunately steroids during chemo encourage constipation. I was lucky, never got sick and talked my oncologist out of them when I went onto weekly taxol. But not an option for those who have nausea. If it doesn't get you one way it'll get you another!! 
  • kmakm
    Options
    Good luck tonight @sister. I'm trying a different tack, staying up really late to see if I can knock myself out.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Ha!  I stocked up on things like Movicol because I have a serious history of chronic constipation with many drugs and medical procedures.  Instead, after chemo, I get loose bowels.  Go figure.  Yet another thing added to my long list of things to talk to the oncologist about on Thursday.  Oh, and @kmakm , you might already know about this since you're in Melbourne... Steve Foulkes from The Baker Institute got back to me about the study they're doing on exercise to protect the heart during chemo for breast cancer.  I could have still joined the study even though I'd started chemo already but being in SA prevents that - you have to live in Melbourne.  But he toldt sounds good and I'm going to run it passed the onc to check but would only mean adding some small weights to what I'm already doing.
  • Sister
    Options
    I slept (mostly) until 4:30am this morning.  I was dog-tired from a long day avoiding crowds, yesterday (my daughter was sitting a scholarship test) and too much sugar in the morning.  But I hit the fluromazepam last night for it's slightly knocking out abilities.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @sister A chunk of sleep until 0430 sounds good, well done.

I hadn't heard about the study. Probably too late now, one more dose to go. I will ask my oncologist about weights though, see what she says.
  • kmakm
    Options
    0535, how I hate you
  • Sister
    Options
    Took fluromazepam last night - slept from 11p until 3am then again until 5am...Yaaayyyy!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @sister Winning!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Woke up at 2.30am to a strange noise. Massive water leak gushing in the bathroom the other side of the ensuite. Hot water spreading down the carpeted hall. Husband interstate. Fortunately lovely stepson was here and helped me turn off the water and throw towels about. Arghh! Why do these things have to happen in the middle of the night? I've got a long awaited appointment with the plastic surgeon later today. Which I'm anxious about. Now I've got a pumping headache. How am I supposed to get back to sleep??
  • Sister
    Options
    It's all a twisted plot to take your mind off the plastic surgeon (who, if I remember, is not your favourite person but possibly not because I don't remember anything anymore).  Anyway, what a star of a stepson!  Sleep!!!  Defiinitely overated.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    I’m up again....just sayin lol
This discussion has been closed.