Chemo

Options
2»

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I tried everything which just gave me greasy bricks. I eventually started on movichol and it was life changing... almost kissed the oncologist who prescribed it for me. I am about to have a colonoscooy due to long term issues that constipation, tears (as in rips) and tears (as in crying) it caused me. I won't even discuss the horrendous hemorrhoids. 
    So I started movichol the day before chemo, twice a day for 3 days. I didn't need it on taxol. You can just buy it over the counter and most chemists do a home brand version. Instructions on the box. Kath x
  • primek
    Options
    PS...I switched over to stemitil which worked much better for the motion sickness. Try not to have too long or too hot showers as it can drop your Blood pressure and make you feel extra blah. 
  • JSN
    JSN Member Posts: 34
    Options
    The steroids are bad for constipation and they sent me loopy emotional as well.  After AC chemo it feels like gravity has doubled.  Everything feels 'heavy' to do.  Very fatigued and moving in slow motion.  Lots of laying around, trying to think straight through 'foggy' brain.  Best of the best of luck.  I am told by many sources involved with my treatment that everyone reacts differently.  Some women 'sail' through chemo.  You may be that person !
  • Spiv1803
    Spiv1803 Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I woke up today (day 6) feeling really normal, then I sat down to the computer to do some work and I felt a bit tired, foggy, nauseas and just yuck. Some people say it's cumulative but I am hoping my body just gets used to recognising how shit I feel and just deals with it.
    Still can't believe it, think I need to talk to someone before my hair falls out because I am anxious about that.
    Have the look good feel better workshop tomorrow so looking forward to that. xx

Sam
  • JSN
    JSN Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi Sam

The LGFB is so much fun! I really enjoyed it.  I now know how to put make on! 

I was told my hair would definitely fall out so in preparation for that I cut my hair to my ears (I had shoulder length brown hair). 

After the first two chemo's my hair began to feel like straw.  The thought of clumps of hair coming out in the shower or wherever stressed the hell out of me.  So I got the dog clippers one afternoon and my family and I (husband and two kids) clipped it down to a number 2.  It was the best thing I could of done, and surprisingly I looked really good with short grey hair.  After that my hair did begin to fall out.  My scalp began to feel like I had been wearing my hair in a ponytail for too long, sort of irritated, and then it actually began to fall out.  So small silver flecks on the back of the couch where my head had been resting was okay.  I still have some stubborn stubble on my head!  It has really hung in there!  

Have fun at the LGFB!

Sam

• primek
    Options
    The anticipation of hair loss is the worst. Have a plan. My started coming out in clumps and my beautiful hairdresser dod a hone visit and buzzed it orlff for me. So much bettet than clumps of hair.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,378
    Options
    Echo the advantage of having  your hair cut really short before it starts going. Easier to manage and I too was rather impressed by how it looked! Much better than I thought. I took my wig with me to my hairdresser so we could try it over the new cut and check the styling. Walking home my next door neighbour, who I hadn't told anything yet, complemented me on my new hairdo. An unsolicited and terrific boost!!