Snarky Cow

Options

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Its @Zoffiel fault!!!! as usual stirring the pot hahahaha!!!
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    Hi Zoffiel, you know you have every right to request another technician. Just ask to see the manager of the department and request you don't ever have HER. You don't have to put up with that crap. However,if you want to persevere then perhaps write your name on your forehead as a helpful gesture!! She's young and newly graduated and full of her own importance by the sounds of it.
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    I think a final gesture @Zoffiel is to let her know we've got your back...that your network of supporters agree unanimously that such behaviour is both callous and unprofessional; that it is unacceptable and cold and has no place in the treatment of anyone who is sick, from anything. Xxx
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    I had a guy who never smiled l had him everyday l asked him one day did he ever smile and all the techs cracked up.each time after that id flash him a smile and say goodmorning. He would wince a smile. But l got him lol
  • Jenv
    Jenv Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Every three months or so i have a ct scan, There is one old cow at radiology who roles her eyes, and says, ' you haven't finished' drinking that crap they make you drink prior to the scan...a smile would crack her face, honestly...i cringe everytime i see its her thats going to do the scan....makes u feel like a naughty child....so i ride it out, have it done and just think effing bitch.   Been there too long i think!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Offer her a breath mint every time you see her @Jenv. "I know I'm not allowed to have any now,  but I thought I'd offer you one" . Sweet smile. :) That's my next plan for snarky cow.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    Of course, seeing as she's very young, you could call her "Girly", and lay it on thick. "oh yes, hello Girly....thank you Girly...three bags full, Girly..."
  • Jenv
    Jenv Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Yes up yours girly..I'm out of here!
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    Hey @vangirl This a blast from the past, but I thought it might give you a giggle. If you don't feel like you are being respected, ask for a copy of the patient charter (it is underpinned by legislation so they have to have one). Take to it with a highlighter and mark the areas of deficiency then make a point of giving it to the unit manager and your oncologist as well as sending a patient feedback form through to the health service (they hate that as they are obliged to respond)
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Thanks @Zoffiel :smiley:

I will definitely write to the clinic head office and copy to the hospital.
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Effing hilarious @Zoffiel !! I can only dream of being as cunningly vengeful as you!
  • Zoffiel
    Options

Anyone can do it @vangirl, you've just got to live long enough to get heaps of practice :)

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    Unfair @Zoffiel I got right into this and then..........nothing. WHAT HAPPENED next?
  • JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    Options

Marg!

Side splitting as usual! OMG that would shit me to tears too! Why they feel the need to do it is beyond me, obviously she's stuck on her own self importance, thinks she's above everyone one else...almost like she has this smugness of looking down on patients. Well God Help her if she ever finds herself on that table one day, receiving what she is giving??? Karma hmmm LOL sad but true! Costs nothing to have respect and compassion. xx Melinda

As a radiation therapist who recently finished my radiation I certainly hope it wasnt karma....

• JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    Options

Zoffiel said:

Nikki's suggestion is next. I'm thinking I can stretch that out over a couple of sessions...

Those with great communication and people skills may not necessarily be attracted to a job that involves measuring patients then charging into a bunker and staring at a screen while everyone gets irradiated. I get it.

You know, sometimes someone comes along who just condenses all the stuff that is festering in your brain into focus. I can get a fairly benign passive resistance program happening and have something to distract myself while I'm lying in the machine.

Hey, any of you rads vets ever lay in the machine, looked at the weird little grill thing that opens and shuts in the ....umm, no idea what it's called...as it moves around you and thought "Wow, it looks like the thing that was going to eat Sigorny Weaver in Aliens"

I'm not going to start on why I chose to be a radiation therapist nor explain the complexities of the job. Unfortunately their are people in every profession that are not the best suited