Snarky Cow

Options

Comments

• Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    Options
    I was asked my  name and date of birth before every one of my 30 radiation treatments, no matter who gave it to me and no matter how often they had treated me before.  So it must have been a strict rule in the hospital.  Good luck with your treatment.  It certainly makes a difference if we get pleasant competent respectful professionals looking after us. Karen 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Ah. but you're onto her @Zoffiel so you now have the advantage!! Just remind yourself that some poor bugger has to live with her 24/7.
    Good luck next time!  xx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Childish of me, I know. But we've all worked with, or been treated by, this woman. Sucks to be her, I'm sure.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    You've got it in one! She obviously isn't a very happy person to feel the need to wear the superiority cap all the time! 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    All laughter aside, and I think @nikkid's suggestion is perfect, this is appalling training. She's not an old timer who's set in her ways (still bad but more understandable), she's just a patronising upstart with no manners. I have rarely had the problem, but I did have a very young nurse when I was hospitalised with tachycardia, who adopted a similar attitude - poor communication, patronising attitude, bizarre questions. Finally she demanded to know if I was under any stress? I reminded her that I had cancer, was having chemo, had lost my hair, couldn't feel my feet and now apparently had a heart condition, so what did she think. That finally stopped her. 
    Sheesh!
  • Zoffiel
    edited May 2017
    Options

Nikki's suggestion is next. I'm thinking I can stretch that out over a couple of sessions...

Those with great communication and people skills may not necessarily be attracted to a job that involves measuring patients then charging into a bunker and staring at a screen while everyone gets irradiated. I get it.

You know, sometimes someone comes along who just condenses all the stuff that is festering in your brain into focus. I can get a fairly benign passive resistance program happening and have something to distract myself while I'm lying in the machine.

Hey, any of you rads vets ever lay in the machine, looked at the weird little grill thing that opens and shuts in the ....umm, no idea what it's called...as it moves around you and thought "Wow, it looks like the thing that was going to eat Sigorny Weaver in Aliens"

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @Zoffiel hmmm you know Id really vamp it up a little, after you finished playing with her maybe next week...I'd be the complete opposite, she'd be stunned WTF!!!! get her name right, thank her for her help blah blah, give a reaction she wouldnt see coming actually wait til the end haha!!! I dont think she'd be used to anyone treating her nicely...always great to surprise people....it might snap her into reality and show her how she's been treating people. :) M xx
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    That's how I treat the overwhelming majority of people, Mel. Except for the ones that attract the evil eye. You're right though, it's worth a shot. On the last day.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    LOL I say that because I think her head would spin off...because she'll be expecting you to treat her like you are now...plus you end it on a note that is actually you :) too funny!!! xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I make a point if being so sickly sweet to those people its nauseating. Oh yes...thankyou sweetie or better still nursie) ...back. ...oh is that right am I in the right spot ...oh thankyou sweetie for shoving me over there, silly me....all tbe while dripping a nauseating smile. And when she says her name is not nursie...just ever so sweetly remibd her that yours isn't  dear.  Oooh...and when she eye rolls...ask concerningly if she is okay...and just say ...oooh...thought your eyes must be sore as tbey seem to be sticking upwards. ...lol. Bring on the end of the darn treatment .
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    Bwahaha Kath.  I'd rather bellow 'Arrrrghhh' and throw myself to the floor every time I see her.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Lol....but it would be so fun
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    Hahaha... seriously ladies, I shouldn't be laughing this hard mid chemo. My bladder can't cope!!!