Redneck. Rehab

Options
2»

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Hah! It's taken me nearly two weeks to do something I would usually do in two days. My son turned up, told me a was a mad old woman and went home. Last weekend my partner just rolled his eyes when I told him it was my wood and he could leave me too it, thanks. Don't tell me I can't (and I've discovered I can still swim a km) Hah!
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    Now I've just got to clean up the mess...
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Oh Marg!!! Whoa!! Look at you OMG!!! my kids come home say the same thing if Im thinking of attempting mowing the lawn!!! Mad woman! 6 weeks post surgery yeah feel ok but the lifting is hard with my tummy lol. 

I do believe you should NEVER tell a woman that she CAN'T LOL only makes us very determined hmmm ha! M x
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    Well, they did say I should be doing some weight bearing exercise... My upper body is fine but my legs are still crap, despite all the squatting this sort of work involves. This weekend will be a test. I cut wood for a couple of other people (that lot is too green to burn this year) and a friend has a dry tree that needs dropping which is up a hill...hmmm chemo brain and any involvement in tree felling is an issue. I'm also finding that using the saw vibrates the hell out of my port which feels really creepy.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,378
    Options

That is DEEPLY impressive. Personally I think "mad old woman" should be worn as a badge of pride. Mad is better than boring, old is the achievement of a survivor and woman.....well, goes without saying!!

Well done.

• Zoffiel
    Options
    I agree, Alison, that being deemed 'old' by someone in their twenties is fine. That the medical profession seems to bump off all my concerns as being 'Just old age'  is not acceptable. Particularly given my condition up until September last year.
    They can shove their 'Get used to it' where the sun don't shine. If it takes more pain meds for me to continue to function on occasion so be it. But don't write me off.
    This is not my first rodeo.

• Zoffiel
    Options
    PS,  I've been 'That mad bitch' since forever. Humph.
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hi Zoffiel after all the Wood splitting is the body asking for a rest please! Yes its great to find something hard or dirty to take C angst out on.Yes compression socks work wonders for me. When it was hot humid taking AI letrozole  gave me pricklie heat for  two months now its cooling off so ok.All the best with the next wood heap.Cheers Bright
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    I would like to know when we should look for your name in the woodchopping program of the Royal show???