Rash

Comments

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Hi Nadi, hope the biopsy went OK. Never pleasant - sending positive thoughts for good results. Jane x
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,194
    Thinking of you Nadi, hope all went well xx
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Hope the results are clear. Sending good thoughts your way.
     Deanne xxx
  • Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Thanks for the good wishes everyone. So, I had the ultrasound Thursday morning. The good news is that the Radiologist told me that although there is a slight change around my surgical scan since my last ultrasound it wasn't necessary for me have a biopsy as there was no inflammation of the tissue underneath the rash and no obvious mass. Then my GP rang me in the afternoon after she received the radiologist's report. She said nothing obvious showed on the ultrasound report so not to panic, which was really good, but went on to say that she wasn't entirely happy and that sometimes it's hard to diagnose more serious things and you can get a false positive. She then said she would speak to my oncologist to see about getting a skin biopsy taken if the antibiotics haven't knocked it off by next Friday and that I had to come back and see her next week. So I think overall it is good news, but there is still a degree of uncertainty there and I really appreciate that my GP (who has had breast cancer herself) wants to be very thorough and not dismiss anything just in case. Unfortunately for me I reacted really badly and I just couldn't block it out of my mind while we had our mini canoeing holiday. It just played over and over again in my head like a broken record. I kept checking my rash every couple of hours to see if it has grown more. My boys were in the car when the doctor rang and so heard everything whereas before I didn't tell them I was getting checked out. So it was a very sombre mood for the trip. Now I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop until I see the radiation oncologist on Friday. I really wished I could have had a biopsy so that it would definitively so "nothing to see here, so move along". Not the mindset I wanted to be in just before I return to work after 4 months off.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,428
    Understand how you feel, I had a funny lump when I had almost finished chemo and the wait to check a biopsy was not fun. But the result was all good, and chances are clearly that your results will be good too. Here's wishing you all the best for Friday.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    oh Nadine, Crossing fingers that it all turns out to be nothing other than a slight irritation. All the best. Xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    So annoying but fingers crossed it is good news for you. Great you have your oncology appointment soon.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,710
    Hi Nadi well here's hoping all is good! I hear and feel your anxiety. Your GP is being thorough. 
    Take care x
  • Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Update. Thanks all. I saw the oncologist yesterday who believes it's a staph infection in the skin which wasn't cleared by oral antibiotics. I am now on topical antibiotics. If it doesn't clear up by the time of my next review in April they will do a skin biopsy. Very relieved.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,710
    That's good news considering 
    Take care 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Good news
  • RNSW
    RNSW Member Posts: 121
    Nadi, happy to hear that it's good news. I think we have to keep on top of things when they happen and hopefully put them behind us as much as possible. Going back to work is a good distraction I had 8 months off and it made a big difference to me and the kids. Wishing you the best. Rita xo
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,194
    Good to hear and hope the staph infection clears soon for you xx
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,524
    Oh Nadi!!! Thank goodness what a relief!!!! Wonderful news, thanks for sharing!!! Hugs Melinda xo
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,428
    Good news, hope it all clears up soon.