Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

BAD NEWS PLEASE HELP ABSOLUTELY DISTRAUGHT

Options
13»

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    @Sam09 please check the first page of this post as @Jess_BCNA and myself have left some helpful links from the BCNA website and information about our telephone service. Thank you @Share for your help  :)
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey Sam, Hope your doing ok. Best wishes and hugs. Xx
  • Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    Options
    @Sam09 I have not had the drugs you are having but I did have 6 rounds of AC Chemo, which is a nasty combination of drugs as well & I was terrified at the thought & completely dreading it while all the while knowing it was vital for me if I was to have have any chance of survival.

I was pleasantly surprised that, for me, it was nothing like what you see on television, I was not wrapped around a toilet bowl vomiting, I was not laid up in bed with fatigue. I did lose my hair & didn't even hate that although hated the thought of it to begin with. Do you know how much easier life is when you get up in the morning & put you hair on instead of washing, drying & styling it???

• Danielle_BCNA
    Danielle_BCNA Member Posts: 64
    Options

hi Sam

BCNA has a very comprehensive fact sheet about accessing your superannuation early that you might find helpful. Don't be alarmed that it talks about accessing it via the terminal illness provision. It is the only way that you can access your funds tax free and as a lump sum but there are also other associated insurances that can be helpful, including disability insurances when people cannot work for periods of time that are often part of super policies that you may not know about. If you need help working through the fact sheet get in touch with BCNA and we can connect you with some services that may be able to assist you.

https://www.bcna.org.au/media/3667/bcna-fact-sheet-superannuation-2016.pdf

Regards

Danielle

• Sam09
    Sam09 Member Posts: 149
    Options
    Hi Ladies
                      Well 6 hours of infusions on monday and a reaction but hey I lived. The staff were great really and my veins always collapse and they cant get the drip in my small veins but that to was bearable. I appreciate your kind thoughts very much. Primek I am sorry I do not appreciate such a morbid post at all!!!!!!!!!!!!  I found that distressing. Telling me think about the people I am leaving behind. Im sorry I am not thinking about going anywhere and intend to try to beat this as I am sure we all are. Just because I dont want chemo doesnt mean I am going to die before you or anyone else. Chemo or not herceptin was developed to work and perjeta to also shrink tumors I have a university degree so I am not stupid. In fact the post upset me so much I think I will leave this website. I like positive people not people who send morbid depressing posts to me was that supposed to be cheer to me. The photo was just plain morbid what was that. I do not need this.   Please if you cannot be positive because I have different ideas to yourself then keep your posts to yourself. But to all you other beautiful souls thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind comments. Perhaps watch the movie living proof about the guy who discovered herceptin he didnt hesitate to say it saves lives with breast cancer her 2 positive and made no mention that it has to be with chemo. There are many countries in the world chemo is not a rule to have to have before herceptin just our  government that make this a requirement.   And I personally know 2 people who recently died from the side effects of chemo, it kills all your white blood cells when your body needs them most. So yes I am going to try this first and keep what immunity I need to fight. And as Forrest Gump says "thats all I have to say about that" Good luck to all.
  • Sam09
    Options
    And Iserbrown Your Adorable thank you  :)
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    @Sam09 I am so sorry I've  upset you. That was not my intention. Please don't  feel you need to leave. I won't  post if you prefer. I am pleased you chose to have the chemo and and although a reaction it was handled well. I wish you well and hope all goes well. Again my apologies for upsetting you.
  • Sam09
    Options
    Hi primek
    Thank you for your apology, yes I would prefer posts that are cheerful and not morbid as yours was.  Um I don't know where you got the idea I was doing chemo. certainly not so don't be pleased.

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Good to hear you survived and the staff were nice. I like following treatment posts and learning what's available. The trouble with cancer is there no strong definite reason people get it nor what works for one will definitely work for another. I really hope it works nicely for you and all these worries will be a thing of the past. I get angry about things too. Don't worry it is a natural emotion and healthy. Some of us cry, some get mad, some get depressed, we're all different that way as well. We're here for you. <3 
  • Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    Options
    @Sam09 ... Really happy you coped well with your chosen treatment.

I know, for me, it was a case of couldnt wait to start chemo. We are all different though & choose to go different paths with our treatment & what we feel is right for us.

I saw the chemo drugs as little pacmen with their munching mouths going thru my system munching the cancer cells as they went & I have chosen, now that chemo is over, to take anastrozole (arimidex) daily &, as my mets are in my bones, I also take calcium & vitamin D daily.

I also choose to be active (I run, 5km weekly at parkrun & also to participate in official events like City2Sea) & to eat as organically & healthily as I can. That is not to say I dont have cake or something considered equally naughty when the mood strikes me...

I consider myself very lucky that apart from chemo hairloss I have suffered relatively few side effects.

Keep up the positivety :) , I look for a postive in everything. For instance, when my hair fell out, (as much as I didnt want it to) I took the attitude - cool now I can just get up in the morning & put it on instead of spending 1/2 an hour washing, drying & styling it, more time for ME!!!

Cate

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @Fraser I agree for sure, bit confusing! I actually went back and read the entire thread from beginning to end. x
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options

So yes I am going to try this first and keep what immunity I need to fight. And as Forrest Gump says "thats all I have to say about that" Good luck to all.

Hi Sam I hope you're going okay! Love your Forrest quote! What a great movie!
    Take care sending you a virtual hug