Creative Corner!

Comments

• InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Hi everyone, 

So the big month is coming up and I would love some help for ideas if you have them.

There are five Tuesdays this October and I blocked out the last one to be themed for NET cancer day (so it's ready for Nov 10) and one for the "Sick or Treat" rare cancers fund drive, so there are three spots left which I'll use for
    1. Breast Cancer Awareness month
    2. Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day
    3. Male Breast Cancer Awareness Day
    But I don't know what to draw!

I want to stay away from ribbons, I'll definitely use dandelions in the mets page, but I'm so lost on what to do generally. They have to be fun to colour and not hospital themed, I have such artist's block right now and would really appreciate the help of our creative hive! Any ideas?
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    hey Beautiful @InkPetal
     what about
    1. a pair of boobs for BC awareness Month
    2. mets daffodils is good 
    3. Male BC  what about guy with no shirt playing a sport..... showing his breasts... 
    Just some thoughts, you are more creative than me I am sure that our suggestions will spur you onto great things As I know your creative mind will begin getting great ideas as we all respond to you. 

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Hi Bec - not sure what to offer except to say most of us find a cuppa very soothing when we are hurting, waiting for the next treatment or enjoying a visit or a quiet moment!  I saw this one which is pastel in the photo but could be anything - hopefully it will inspire you into something that you will enjoy drawing or perhaps a line drawing of my gaggle of geese! (Yeah not everyone's cup of tea, pardon the pun, but they make me smile!)

• iserbrown
    edited September 2017
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    what about cherry blossom trees they are often white or pink flowers beautiful to look at :D 
  • InkPetal

iserbrown said:

What's quackin'? :lol:
  • InkPetal
    @iserbrown @SoldierCrab I love these ideas! I'll put them together. Wonderful, thank you.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Hey @inkpetal I hope you are doing well! 

I love all these ideas! For me and I love colouring! I'm always drawn to Dragonflies, they are incredibly spiritual and symbolize many things. Such as encouragement from a loved one who has passed, self realization, living in the moment and transformation. 

Image may contain 1 person
    hugs Melinda xo
  • iserbrown

@InkPetal

Hope you've found your mojo! 

On a different level of creativity thought I would brag for half a mo.  Through close friends they have nicknamed me queen of socks. My socks caused a stir and I was awarded best hand knitted item at the Creative Arts show! What a hoot!
  • InkPetal

iserbrown said: Hope you've found your mojo! 

Still lolloping around I'm afraid. I'll definitely be working on these pages at some point but who knows when. 

So happy to hear about the joy you have in and have brought to other with your socks! Fantastic!! Please please share photos of the day with us?
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    edited March 2018
    Bloody hell you guys are all an arty farty lot aren’t you with your drawing painting and knitting and whatever else!  I can barely draw a stick figure lol. And someone gave me a grown ups colourin in book when I was having chemo and I got the shits after about half an hour as It was taking so long to finish 1 page! I left it in the chemo room at the hospital for someone else to enjoy. Lucky I love to cook thsts where I get my mojo thsts for sure. I’d love to be able to do any of the above. I have some work pants that needed letting down a bit so I unpicked them did a dodgy hand sew on the hem and after one wash they have come undone lol thats  how good I am. I used a nurses best friend micropore to stick them back together but I’ve bought them up to Agnes water with me to get my friend to fix them. She will get a good laugh when she sees my mictopore tape hem!  Well done ladies I can’t even thin of any suggestions for you @InkPetal..... ok just one.... tiger Lillie’s thsts it....and I only said that as I was given some a couple weeks ago and it’s my profile picture now so no imagination whatsoever!   thank god I have my cooking!! LMAO xx
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    @onemargie I can't draw at all. I remember when my son was about three, he asked me to draw some animals for him...mummy, draw me a doggie, then a cat, cow, horse, mouse etc. After a while, he looked at the page of all my efforts and complained....but mummy, they all look the same. I stated back to him...look, they all have a head, a body, four  legs, two ears, two eyes, one mouth and a tail...what more do you want?
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited March 2018
    @inkpetal Lotus flower - symbolises the realisation of inner potential, expansion of the soul, enlightenment, the potential of an individual to harness the flow of energy within themselves, the growth of pure beauty from the mud. Comes in different colours.
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Hi @kmakm,  that is truly beautiful. I love Lotus flowers.  I sometimes make my own birthday or greetings cards and have made one with a lotus flower, for a friend s birthday.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Thank you @wendy_h67. They are such beautiful flowers, and I love how they're used in art. This is a new piece by an artist called Olivia Fraser. I think it's stunning: