Just want to encourage the newbies

Options
SoldierCrab
SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
Yesterday I did my 6+ hour round trip to Westmead for my yearly review  (Year 4) and I got told again NED (no Evidence of Disease)  so back for a review in 12mths then I am off the Review list. you might think you wont get there i didnt think I would be here 4 years down the track but I am .... So wanted to encourage you all.... 

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Well done. I'm 4 years on too, 5 in October fingers crossed. As you say, it seems such a long haul from the newly diagnosed end, but no time at all from this end. 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Wonderful news Soldier Crab!  So you are not seen after 5yrs?? Really? My Mum was reviewed for 20yrs. Im 6yrs and only as had recurrence at 4yr mark, though my Oncologist and Surgeon  said i will always be reviewed. I thought id stop seeing him and my Surgeon at some point but they said No? Uuugh Melinda  
  • kayvie
    kayvie Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Great news! Always good to read these posts as it gives us all hope that we too can follow this path and helps us newbies stay positive.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Light at the end of the tunnel!  Alice you must be very relieved!
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    @iserbrown
     @kayvie
     it is the light at the end of the tunnel sense... it does give the newbies hope... as I know when I read about someone conquering it while I was a newbie it gave me hope. 

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Yay I'm off for my review next week 3 years for me this month, congratulations on 4 xx
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Hooray for another great review Soldier Crab.  Thanks for giving our newbies some positivity and hope that they can be where you are in a few years. Jane xx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Yay. That's brilliant news. Xxxxxx
    paula 
  • Pammy46
    Pammy46 Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the encouragement x 
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    I will be 5 this year and my mum 45 years now thats huge. Lol
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Options
    That's great to hear @Soldier Crab :smile:
  • SoldierCrab
    edited February 2017
    Options
    it sure is @Cosette_BCNA
     but today we are preparing to leave the area due to weather and fire risks etc..  
    https://www.facebook.com/nswrfs/photos/a.10150499693320552.417991.213250965551/10154812295395552/?type=3&theater

Everyone stay safe and hydrated please. 

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Alice @Soldier Crab hoping everything is ok for you. Crossing fingers that you and yours remain safe and sound and return to your area to find it as you left it with no damage. Sending hopeful vibes and big hugs. Xx Cath
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Keep safe everyone particularly @soldiercrab. This is Black Saturday kind of weather in NSW, so don't take any risks. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Stay safe. It is a very tense time; waiting and praying that nothing happens. Take care xx