Just want to encourage the newbies

Options
2»

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    Thanks everyone I feel as anxious as when I am awaiting test results crazy there are no fires near us at present but they have stated with the high winds we cant expect the fires if they start to move at approx. 30kms per hour all extra cars have been taken into town .... we are only 7kms from town and in a village so we are home with the car loaded with essential meds etc and all have 3 days clothes etc ready to go but I am home with the sprinklers going as our chooks etc are not coping in the heat ... RFS are a street away from me and I will go as soon as they say to .... 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Hope all ok for you bushfire wise. Paula x
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    we are all good here Paula, but it was a worry ended up with migraine from the stress....  woke to a cool morning yippee 
    what is not good is that other areas are losing their homes, farming lands,  etc
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    I totally think those that set fires should have to pay restitution when they get out of gaol! 
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Sorry Alice @Soldier Crab fantastic that you are okay. Hugs. Xx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    So glad you ok. Yes, I agree it's devastating. 
    Paula xxx
  • suzieq
    suzieq Member Posts: 332
    Options
    Hi Soldier Crab, that's fantastic!!!!  I have never had a yearly review.  But then I had to go private because I had private insurance.  Nothing was really co-ordinated and I felt like some ringmaster of some 3 ring circus plus all up $10,000 out of pocket.  

I also moved state shortly after I finished chemo and rads leaving my team behind!  That was terrifying.  I found a breast surgeon up here who does 6 monthly breast checks (mamms/scans).  My GP orders full blood test every six months. Other than that, that's it!  I have never had an annual review so I am interested to know what happens in a review, are there tests to be declared cancer free?  

I am particularly interested as my 5 years is up this year in August. Don't I sound stupid!!!   Suex
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    Options
    Great news @Soldier Crab, 4yrs is a great achievement xx
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    HI Suzie 
    I went through Westmead Breast Cancer Institute as my local Surgeon wouldn't do double mastectomy... with TNBC they keep you on review books for 5 years then you are released from their list. IF hormone based they keep you on review longer.
    basically my GP orders bloods etc and Ultrasound as I have no boobs then,  I do a 6+ hour round trip to Westmead and see one of the team... for about a 5 minute appointment they ask if I have any concerns check my chest wall and examine my chest/underarm area etc read my results from bloods and ultrasound and then say ok if you are happy see you in a year....   I do see my medical Oncologist here in Bathurst NSW every 12months he will continue to do that until he is happy there is no recurrence.